29

All day Lydia was stressed about going to the party. She didn't want to, and she knew it would be rude to not go. She wanted to support her best friends for their accomplishment. But she also didn't want to be uncomfortable for almost the whole day at a beach.

"Lyds, please." Luke begged as they sat at the lunch table waiting for the other boys to arrive. Lydia had just confessed to Luke that she wasn't really sure if she wanted to attend the party. But she made it clear that she still wanted to celebrate for them.

"If you don't go I'll just have to call the party off, we already announced it." Luke said and her eyes widened. "No way! Dont cancel it because of me, have a party! Have fun!" She said and Luke shook his head. "Only if you come. Lydia, we really want you there, and if you celebrate alone it doesn't feel like you're celebrating at all." Luke reasoned with a fake pout. "Not true..." Lydia said and Luke rested his head on her shoulder as their eyes connected. "If you don't like the party, I'll walk you home." Luke said in a soft tone making her heart pound with happiness. "That's sweet, but I don't want to ruin your party or take you away from it, if I'm there." She said. "Then be there..." He said softly, still looking deeply into her eyes and she smiled softly.

"Fine, I'll be there." She caved in. Luke smiled as he pulled her into a hug. "Hey love birds." Bobby said as he, Alex, and Reggie sat down. The two pulled away from the hug and their faces flushed red. "So do you think we'll be able to get to play at the beach?" Reggie asked. "If only we had enough people to bring our set to the beach." Alex said and Lydia nodded.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

For the whole day in school Lydia had to deal with the boys talking about if they were going to play at the beach or not, but by the end of the day they finally decided on not playing. Which surprised her because they would kill play music any time of the day.

"Party starts at 4!" Luke yelled and everyone cheered. Lydia grabbed Bobby's arm, looking at the watch on his wrist.

3:18pm

"That's so soon. Are we heading straight to the beach?" She asked and Reggie shook his head. "No. we're going home to change into swimwear then we're going to the beach." Reggie informed her and she nodded. "Okay, we have to be fast then." Lydia said and the boys nodded as they ran to the car. Lydia shook her head as she ran after them.

She couldn't believe she was going to the beach.

Reggie had dropped them off all separately. So when Lydia got home and she changed into a bathing suit, the only blue one she had. She put a loose sun dress over it, and put on some sandals. She went downstairs and grabbed some water bottles and ate some fruit until she heard a loud and excited knocking on her door. She opened the door to see Luke and Reggie. "Come on Lyds! The parties almost started!!" Luke yelled as he grabbed her hand. In a rush she closed the door and locked it quickly whilst letting Luke pulled her towards the car.

After they got Alex and Bobby they were off to the beach which wasn't really far from the school. They arrived to see a bunch on teens on the beach, music playing, people dancing around. Lydia was completely shocked. "So they basically threw the party?" Lydia asked and Luke's eyes widened with a joy.

"You guys did nothing! They basically started the party and you guys are just like....the special guest." She said. "Technically" Alex said and shrugged as they got out the car. "Guys I brought you water, but I'm pretty sure the party has drinks...but it's probably only alcohol knowing that our school isn't innocent." She said and the boys nodded as they grabbed their water bottles that would mostly last them a second.

She walked besides Luke and Reggie as Alex and Bobby were on the other side of Luke talking about something. Luke grabbed the girls hand and intertwined their fingers. As they got closer to the teens. The crowds eyes landed on the boys, and in an instant they all cheered. Lydia rolled her eyes knowing that they didn't care for this band until they were on the news this morning. They were fake. But as long as the boys were happy, she was happy too.

"Let's get this party started!" Reggie yelled and everyone cheered louder.

edited