19

Justin smiled at the girl as he walked towards her and she laughed. "Why do you look like you're about to rip your face open with how big that smile is?" Lydia asked the boy. "Because I just got called to the office and it was my mom on the phone, she said I'm leaving to visit my grandma this week." Justin said. Lydia's heart softened, she knew how much Justin cared for his grandma. She remembered when they were 13 and his grandma moved to Minnesota and he cried on her shoulder for weeks. And every now and then he'd go to visit her. "That's great! Tell grandma I said hi too." Lydia said as they walked out of the school. "I will, I just wanted to say bye, because for the rest of the week I'll be busy." He notified her and she nodded as she looked over to Reggie who was leaning on his car.

"Well, give me a hug, weirdo." Lydia said and Justin laughed as he pulled her into a hug. "Remember me." He joked. "Why would I ever forget a face like yours?" She joked along and Justin rolled his eyes playfully. "I could say the same for you." Justin nudged the girl and her stomach dropped.

Is this flirting?

"Well I'll see you...whenever." Lydia said and he nodded. "See you, Lyds." He said and she walked over to Reggie. "Could you stare any harder, Reg?" Lydia asked and he smiled. "What was that? It was hard to look away from." He said. "Saying goodbye to my best friend." She said. "Ouch, I thought I was your best friend." Reggie said and she laughed. "You are. Where are the others?" She asked. "Well Alex went to the bathroom, Luke went to see Macey, and Bobby found himself a girlfriend...he won't be tagging along." Reggie said and Lydia smile faded.

Why would Luke go see Macey?

"Oh..okay. I guess I get the front seat." She said and went to the passenger seat and buckled up, ready to take off. "What's wrong?" Reggie asked. "Nothing, I just started feeling a little dizzy." She lied. She knew that deep down Reggie knew why she was upset, but she knew that the boy didn't think nothing about it in the moment which made her happy. It was easy to talk to Reggie since he never really forced you to talk about something you didn't, and at the same time he could still put a smile onto your face.

After a while Alex had came from the school along with Luke behind him. "What did you do? Take a dump?" Reggie asked Alex and Alex rolled his eyes at how loud the boy had spoke. "No I didn't take a dump, I had to look nice." Alex said and this caught Lydia's attention. "For who?" She smirked. "For you." Alex played it off making the girl laugh. "We'll talk about it later." she whispered to him as he got in the car.

"And what were you doing?" Reggie asked Luke and his face turned red and Lydia furrowed her eyebrows. "He was making out with Macey" Alex called, seeming angry. He didn't care that he had exposed Luke, he was upset with Luke.

Lydia heart fell to her stomach quickly.

Of course this had to happen. Of course it was Macey. She's starting to slowly take everyone important from me, first my dad now Luke.

"To be fair we did start taking things slow during break." Luke shrugged as he sat in the back seat. Lydia stayed staring at through the window in deep thought.

Is that why he always made an excuse to why he had to leave early? Why didn't I think of that, how stupid could I have been.

Lydia rested her head on the window as she held back her tears. All those "signs" Luke showed her meant absolutely nothing. He was always so cuddly and sweet around her. Always gazing into her eyes at moments, but those moments meant nothing.

"Lyds.." She heard Alex voice as Reggie drove off, turning up some music a little. "Yes?" She turned back with a light smile. "Are you okay?" Alex asked which made the girl confused. "Uh, yeah. I'm just a little dizzy." She continued with the lie she told Reggie earlier. Alex nodded knowing that was a lie.

"How about we hang out today, just me and you?" Alex whispered and she smiled widely. "My house?" She asked. "Of course" Alex said and she nodded.

Reggie soon arrived girl's house and she smiled lightly over to Reggie. "See you tomorrow, Reg, see you tomorrow, Luke." She said quickly and got out of the car, along with Alex. "Wait-what did I miss?" Luke asked as he saw Alex get out of the car. "Oh-me and Lydia hanging?" Alex said in a questioning tone. "Can we come?" Reggie asked. "As much as we love you two, no." Alex said and closed the car door.

Lydia laughed as she walked up to the house with Alex and she started unlocking her door with her key. "Why'd you want to do this?" Lydia asked and Alex looked at her as if she was dumb. "Because I know you like Luke, and you guys are meant for each other, Luke is just being oblivious and dumb." Alex said and Lydia's heart started pounding against her chest as she opened the door and they walked in.

"I don't like Luke." She tried lying and he eyed her making her sigh. "Fine, but don't tell anyone." She caved in which made Alex smile, he was right. "I won't, we just need to to make this happen." Alex said and her eyes went wide. "Are you insane!? That would never happen! He's with Macey!" Lydia said. "Lyric book." Alex said demanded with his hand out. "What do you mean?" Lydia said. "Let me see your lyric book." Alex demanded once again. "For what?" She asked scared. "Because I already know you have that song about Luke." Alex rolled his eyes. "You went through my book!" She asked surprised. "Of course I did." He shrugged and she sighed as she went into her backpack and handed him her lyric book.

"Maybe sing this song for him." Alex suggested with shrugged as he went to the page. "That's ridiculous." Lydia instantly denied then grabbed her backpack and went upstairs. Alex quickly followed behind her. "It's not! It'll be cute, and he'll hear you sing for the first time." Alex said. "Why confess it now? He's with Macey." Lydia said. "He's not with Macey, he's currently talking to her..and making out with her-but they didn't make it official, maybe if you confess it'll change his mind on who he wants." Alex said, he hadn't had a doubt about Luke liking Lydia. Lydia furrowed her eyebrows.

"Have you always had this planned?" Lydia asked shocked. "Of course, ever since I read the song." Alex shrugged as he kicked his shoes off and laid in her bed. "I hate you." She said as she laid next to him. "You love me and my plan is genius." He said and she smiled. "I do. But if I wasn't such a wimp this wouldn't be hard." She admitted. "Can you at least sing the song to me?" Alex asked softly as they looked at each other. Lydia laughed and sighed.

"Sure.." he said and Alex eyes widened. "Really?" He asked completely shocked. "Yea" she said as she closed her eyes. Taking in a deep breath, she stayed quiet for a moment.

I was hanging with you and then i realized
I didn't think it was true, I was surprised
When I found out I've fallen for you

I didn't wanna believe my feeling for you
I didn't wanna believe that I could lose you
If I told you just how I felt

But I can't help it
I'm falling for you
And I can't quit it
Cause I'm stuck on you
And the it might be pathetic and you might be skeptical
But I just want to be with you
Please tell me, boy
Can you get a clue?
Or come through cause I just want to be with you

I'm scared
Of yelling you how I feel
Maybe it's better if I just try to conceal the truth
For me and, for you
But I'm still stuck on you, ooh, ooh,

I, I'm still falling for you
For you

edited

IF YOU DONT KNOW THE SONG: it's Falling for U by Peachy! Ft. Mxmtoon

rewritten: dude i hate when i edit a song into a chapter fml😭😭😭