16

It was two hours until the game. The boys, Lydia, and Macey were all over at the garage getting ready to make their jerseys. Lydia didn't want to show how upset she was to have Macey tagging along. It just bothered her to know that the girl that didn't even like her was literally hanging out with her best friends.

"Lyds, come on." Reggie snapped the girl out of thought and she smiled up at the boy. "Our jersey are by far gonna be the best." Lydia smiled. Reggie smiled and nodded. "Customizing starts now!" Luke called and they all rushed to their spots.

They each had a blue and white jerseys and started decorating it. Reggie and Lydia decided for Lydia to be number one and Reggie would be number two. They painted their last names on the back also adding their own touches.

Reggie then ran to his backpack grabbing the two black hoodies they went to get before they met back up with the others. Lydia and Reggie put on their hoodies easily, while laughing at each other. They were moving fast because they had to get to the game early for good seats.

Not only that, but it's just because they felt like the were on a competition show and had to be quick.

"Okay, I need the iron." Lydia called to Reggie. "An iron?!" Alex yelled confused from the other side of the room making Lydia and Reggie laugh.

Reggie plugged in the iron, which they took from Lydia's house. Reggie being the one with the car really helped them get their things quick. They had an advantage.

Lydia then placed the crown patches over the '1' and '2'. She squealed as they we're almost done. They were just adding anything they could think of to make it look better than the others.

"We're the king and queen of this contest." Reggie said referring to the crowns that were placed on top of the numbers. "We are!" Lydia said and high-fived the boy. Luke eye'd them suspiciously which caught Macey's eyes. She wrapped her arm around his arm. "Our jersey is gonna look the best." She said and Luke smiled and nodded. "So much better" Luke said and she smiled at him.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Alex and Bobby bothered Luke and Macey about their jerseys as Reggie and Lydia walked ahead of them, talking.

"I know you like Luke." Reggie leaned down whispering it with a cheesy smile. "I don't!" Lydia denied him quickly. Mainly because she was taken by surprise.

Why did he just say that?

"Alex says that you don't want to admit..and now that I think about it, he's right." Reggie said and Lydia pushed Reggie with her hip and he laughed as he tried doing it back. She was trying to desperately get him to switch the conversation or distract him from the truth.

Luke looked at the two as they messed around with each other in front of the boys, him, and Macey.

"Watch this." Alex whispered over to Bobby nodding his head towards Luke. "They look like one of those cheesy matching couples." Alex said loud enough for Luke to hear as he looked forward at Reggie and Lydia who were playfully fighting as they made their way to the half filled bleachers. Bobby held in his laugh, Alex was so dumb for this.

"W-what? No they don't." Luke called out and Alex almost let out a laugh. Bobby raised his eyebrows as he smirked over to Alex. "You definitely owe me twenty dollars." Alex said. "Not yet, he didn't admit it. He just said that they were friends." Bobby said and Alex rolled his eyes. "Dude, it's obvious." Alex said and Bobby shrugged. "Not until he admits it."Bobby said.

Alex and Bobby made a bet about Luke liking Lydia. They saw the chemistry between them, but Bobby just thinks it's platonic because Luke is always nice to everyone. Alex totally disagrees and says that it's more, Alex couldn't understand why the boys were being so oblivious when it came to Lydia and Luke. It was so obvious that they were into each other.

As Bobby and Alex whisper argued, Luke watched as Reggie and Lydia walked ahead of the group as they talked about random things and would laugh every now and then.

They soon sat down in the middle of the bleachers on the right side of the field, while the other team they played against were on the left side.

Reggie sat in the front of the midsection of the bleachers while Lydia sat next to him, Luke sat in the middle of Lydia and Macey, Alex sat next to Macey and Bobby sat on the other side of Alex.

(Reggie, Lydia, Luke, Macey, Alex, Bobby)

Lydia smiled as she saw Justin sitting on the bleachers as they got ready for the game. This was the first time she had been to his game, she was excited but nervous for the boy.

"The game doesn't start until thirty minutes, can someone please run and go get some food for us to eat?" Alex asked and Lydia smiled. "I'll go." Lydia and Luke said in unison and they smiled at each other. "We can go." Luke said and Alex nodded. "Here." Alex said while handing Luke the money and the two walked off the bleachers. They walked to some food stands but they were both quiet, which Lydia didn't like.

"I feel like we haven't talked all. Are you okay?" Lydia asked and Luke nodded. "Use your words."Lydia nudged the boy playfully and he laughed quietly.

Luke then stopped walking making Lydia stop. She turned around and looked back at the boy in confusion. "Why'd you stop walking?" Lydia asked. "Why did you pick Reggie?" He suddenly asked and her heart begin to pound. She didn't want to tell him the truth but she didn't want to lie.

"Because you and Macey seemed close and I just thought you guys wanted to be a team." She said, Luke nodded softly understanding. "But what about us? We always do things together." Luke said and her stomach fluttered, it was true. It was always her and Luke against Alex and Reggie. While Bobby was always the judge since he always wanted to be.

"I'm sorry. Next time I'll definitely pick you." She said and Luke smiled. "Yeah, or you'll you're grounded from our friendship." Luke said and she smiled. "And what's that supposed to look like?" She asked. "Silent treatment, no picking you up from school, no cuddles-" Lydia cut the boy off. "So basically torture, I can't live without you guys." Lydia said and Luke laughed. "I was kidding." Luke nudged her while intertwining their fingers and her heart beat began to pick up. She barely talked to him today after Macey had joined. They didn't even simply hug. Now they were holding hands as they waited in line for snacks and foods to eat.

edited