15

The five walked through the school after a loud car ride of all of them all yelling the songs that played on the radio. Their smiles were brighter than ever. Even though they were at school, they were still happy to be together, which mattered the most. They were now inseparable, they loved being around each other.

"You guys think I can come over while you practice? My dad will be over today and I just wanna stall." Lydia said truthfully and the boys smiled, not because she wanted to avoid her dad, but because she wanted to go with them after school.

"We aren't practicing today." Alex spoke and her head snapped back to the boy. "Why?" She asked. "Because we're going to the game." Reggie said with a smile. "The football game?" Lydia said. "Yes, Lyds. The only game the school has today." Bobby said and she sighed. "So are you going to the game with us?" Luke asked and he nudged her. "Sure, as long as I'm with you guys." She said with a shrug and Luke smiled down at her. "That was a sweet thing to say." Reggie said and Lydia laughed. "See you at lunch?" She asked as she stopped at her class.

"I'll actually be seeing you in English." Alex said and her eyes widened along with the boys. "You switched your class?!" They all asked and Alex nodded. "Dang it! Now I won't be able to copy your work." Reggie said and Alex glared at the boy making Lydia laugh. "Yes! I finally don't have to be alone in that class before lunch!" Lydia cheered.

Most of her classes with the guys were usually after lunch so for her first three periods she'd usually be alone in the back of the classroom quietly paying attention. But now in second period she was able to have Alex.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Lydia rushed into the lunch room ready to see her best friends again. She couldn't wait to tell them about how the AP biology teacher had slipped during his lecture making everyone laugh. It kept playing on repeat in her head so she had to tell him as soon as possible.

She didn't even stop to get her food first. She was too busy laughing to herself, as she walked up to the she noticed a certain someone in her seat, next to Luke.

"Hey guys. Uh-what is she doing here?" Lydia tried to keep her smile on her face. "Oh, we have second and third period together and she had no one to sit with during lunch, so I invited her." Luke said. "Well...I'm going to get my food." Lydia said and walked off.

She stood in line with her arms crossed then a figure appeared next to her. "Hey, you okay?" She heard the familiar voice she smiled lightly as she looked over to the boy. "Hey, Justin." She spoke. "You didn't answer my question." The boy said while leaning onto the wall, making the girl sigh. "Macey, she's randomly sitting with the guys all of a sudden." She said and Justin nodded knowing how the girl felt about Macey.

"But if the guys want to make friends they can, and I can't stop them." Lydia said. "Well you can always sit with me and the guys." Justin said and Lydia laughed softly. "I'm fine, I'll sit with them." Lydia shrugged and Justin nodded. Then poked on her sides. Making her laugh. "What was that for?" She asked as they walked farther down the line. "To cheer you up, I know how you feel about Macey. I always see the way she stares at you." Justin said and she nodded. "I'm glad you're not oblivious like the boys." Lydia said. "I always gotta look out for my girl." He said and Lydia waited for her heart to flutter but it never did.

That was a good sign, she moved on.

"So how's Riley?" Lydia asked as she grabbed her tray. "Same as always." Justin shrugged with a smile and Lydia gasped, remembering her plans after school. "I'm coming to the game tonight." She said and Justin smiled. "You finally decided to come and support me...after the whole school year." Justin said since he started football in 9th grade all the way until now, which was 12th.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I haven't been the best." Lydia cringed as she realized how long its been. "It's fine because we all haven't been, I'm just glad to know that you still care for me." He said sarcastically and the girl rolled her eyes playfully. "You act like you haven't been over during break." Lydia said and Justin shrugged. "Tell your boyfriend I said hi." Justin teased and her face got red. "I don't have a boyfriend." Lydia said. "Then explain that Polaroid on your desk." Justin said. "It's just a cute picture." Lydia said as they walked over to their old table. They sat down and looked at each other.

The table hadn't been occupied, which was weird.

"We don't have pictures of me holding your waist and kissing your forehead while your head rests on my chest...and I'm your best friend..Luke is definitely your boyfriend." Justin stated whilst smirking. Lydia looked back at Luke to see him smiling at Macey as they laughed.

"If he was my boyfriend he wouldn't be flirting with Macey." Lydia said. Justin looked over at the two and laughed. "Lyds, he's just laughing with her. Someone's jealous." Justin said as he nudged her. "I'm not jealous." Lydia said as she put her fork down and looked at Justin. "Then why are you getting defensive?" Justin asked. "Why are you even sitting over here? Just to embarrass me?" Lydia asked and Justin laughed.

"You like him, just tell him." Justin said. "It's not that easy." Lydia said and Justin nodded. "It could be...he treats you better than I do..and he's known you for like-what? A month and a couple of weeks...and that's saying something." Justin said. "Don't say that, you're a good friend Justin. You're still sticking around while balancing school and football, and Riley's doing who knows what with her life." Lydia said and Justin nodded. His girlfriend was doing fine. But she was being more distant with Lydia and he noticed.

"Now go back over to that table and have fun with your best friends...who comes after me, of course." Justin said as he got up, Lydia stood up too. "Have fun." Lydia called out to him and he smiled. "Same to you Lyds, love you..see you at the game." He said. "Love you too!" She waved at him, then went to sit next to Alex.

"Sorry I took a while, I was catching up with Justin." She said. "How is he?" Bobby asked. "He's good, he's playing tonight too. So I guess I do have a reason to go to the game." Lydia said completely ignoring Maceys presence.

"Great! I was thinking we all go and make customized jerseys!" Reggie said. "And who would be making them?" Luke said. "All of us." Macey said and Luke smiled. "That seems fun, we should be on teams, to see who can make the best matching jersey." Luke said. "I call Alex! Sorry..I just like how his style better than yours, no offense." Bobby said and Lydia laughed. "Then I'll be with Reggie." Lydia said. In the corner of her eye she could see Luke's smile drop. The boys all looked at her in confusion but they brushed it off.

"Looks like it's me and Luke!" Macey said and Luke smiled. "Guess we're gonna have the best jersey." Luke said and Macey smiled.

Lydia wanted to scream. But she knew it was all jealousy and she didn't want to admit it to herself.

"Reg, we can start planning our jersey in math." Lydia said. "Good idea!" Reggie said as he pointed to her across the table and she laughed.

edited