22

Luke didn't want to admit it, but he was jealous that Alex was the first person to hear Lydia sing. It had been a dream of his, it was that serious to him. He wanted nothing more, he just wanted to hear her soothing voice. As Bobby got in the car Reggie spoke up quickly. "Alex got to hear Lydia sing yesterday." Reggie said and Lydia hid her face behind her hands. "Are you serious!?" Bobby asked. "Guys it's seriously not that big of a deal, it's just singing." Lydia said. "Yeah, coming from you. You rarely sing-you don't sing!" Bobby said and Lydia playfully rolled her eyes.

As Reggie drove off Alex began to speak. "Guys, I'm telling you she sounds amazing, she should really perform or something." Alex teased the boys on purpose. "We get it, mr lucky got to hear Lydia sing..." Luke said and Lydia look over at the boy to see him actually mad. "Luke, don't tell me you're actually upset." Lydia said and he sighed. "Luke.." she poked his arm that was now crossed. His muscles being out as always. It was weird to see the boy with a hoodie and regular shirt on, he never wore regular shirts. The sleeves always had to be cut off.

She wanted to laugh at the boy. It was just a sound if you really thought about. So she didn't understand why the boys cared so much about hearing her sing.

"Dont be a baby about it." She said and Luke glared at her which made her laugh.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

As Lydia rushed to her locker trying not to be late to second period. And to her surprise, she had saw someone she didn't expect, waiting for her at her locker.

"Oh..hey, Jason." She said, he smiled lightly "Hey, Lydia. Sorry if this seems weird but your dad told me to tell you..that we're having a dinner, and you can bring a plus one." Jason said and she nodded lightly. "You can just say dad, Jason. It's fine-if you're comfortable of course. But thanks for telling me..I'll be sure to bring a plus one." Lydia said and he nodded as he walked away. "See you later." He spoke. "See you!" She said as she turned towards her locker.

She grabbed her book and quickly closed it, locking it back and ran to class. She sat down next to Alex and smiled. "Oh god, I have to eat dinner with my dad and his new family." She whispered over to Alex, so the kids who were already waiting for the bell to ring wouldn't hear her. "That must suck." Alex said and she nodded. "So much, but at least I get to bring a plus one, so I'm going to ask Luke." She said and he nodded. "That'll make things better. He'll even get to know your dad a bit more." He said and she smiled just thinking about it. "I hope." Lydia spoke.

"You're blushing" Alex said and she covered her face as she laughed lightly and the bell soon rang.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Lydia rushed over to Luke as she saw him at standing at his locker. "Hey!" She spoke, sounding happier than usual. Luke smiled at this. "Hey, Lyds." He said. "So..uh I was wondering, if you wanted to come to dinner with me..this week." She asked and he winced almost immediately. "I have plans with my mom...she wanted me to help her with something." He said and she nodded. "That's fine." Lydia understood. "I'll see you at lunch?" She asked. "Of course." Luke said and she walked away slightly bummed out. But she still had Reggie or Bobby to ask. She already knew that Alex was busy because he was going on a date with Willie, which made her excited for the boy, but she had to focus on getting someone to go to dinner with her. She didn't want to go alone at all.

edited