18

Lydia waved to the boys in the car, she was the first to go home which made her confused, she thought Macey was going to be the first to go but she brushed it off because she couldn't stop thinking about Riley. She had changed so much and it scared her. Lydia was confused to how the girls brainwashed Riley into dying her hair and changing her whole personality. It was like Riley was being possessed.

Lydia walked past her mom and dad as they were still at the table talking over a glass of wine. Lydia was also confused by that. She had expected her dad to be home with his new family. She didn't expect her dad to be over so often laughing with her mom. It was like, now that they weren't together they got along so well. It made Lydia want to scream at them, how come she didn't have a family like this when they were together. Now it was all a mess, she had "step siblings" which she'd never call them, she had her dad back, but not their relationship.

She closed her room door quickly and went over to her keyboard and started playing it to calm herself down. She played the melody she had been working on, in the beginning of break. She thought back to Riley and started humming nonsense.

She sighed as she stop playing and walked over to her bathroom.

She grabbed a towel, turning on the hot water and putting the towel under it. She then twist the towel making sure she got enough water out of it and wiped her face.

She walked out of her bathroom and started to straighten her room up. She changed, grabbed her lyric book, sat on her bed and begin making a song. At first it was nonsense, she didn't know what she wanted to write about. But then it made sense to dedicate the song to Riley since Riley was all she could think of.

She was up all night, changing lyrics, trying to put the song with the melody she made. She decided that she was done for the night. It's was 4:36am and she had to be up in about two more hours so as she closed her eyes with the last thing on her mind; the song, everything faded as she went to sleep.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Two hours later Lydia was up, groaning. Her eyes were barely opened as she walked to her bathroom and got into the shower. She put her face under the hot water with her eyes closed as she tried to wake herself up. She could practically see herself in class falling asleep.

She quickly got out knowing that she was on a time crunch and had to be ready before Reggie and Luke would be knocking on her front door. She brushed her teeth then walked into her room.

She put on a grey crop top, black pants, black zip up jacket, and black and white vans. She let her wet hair drip water as her hair laid on her shoulders, she was dreading the feeling of her wet jacket once the water would seeped through but there was nothing she could do about it. She couldn't even blow dry her hair.

She quickly brushed through her curly hair and grabbed her backpack along with her keys, chapstick, mint gum, and moisturizer.

She ran downstairs and grabbed some fruits and drinks from the refrigerator and walked out on her front porch to be exactly on time, seeing Reggie and Luke pull up in the car. She smiled at the boys and Luke got out of the car opening the back door.

"M'lady." Luke said making Lydia laugh as she got into the back seat. Luke closed the door and got back into the front they both buckled up as Reggie took off to get Alex then Bobby.

"I brought fruit and water." Lydia called from the back seat and put the four mini fruit bowls in Luke's lap and she keeps hers. "Lydia saves the day!" Reggie called as he stopped in front of Alex's house and honked the horn as he reached over for a fruit bowl. "I forgot forks." Lydia stated with a groan. "A little too early on the Lydia saves the day thing." Reggie said and Lydia fake gasped, trying to hold back her laugh but failed.

Alex walked out of the house running up to the car, Lydia scooted towards the middle then grabbed a fruit bowl from Luke. "Good morning, Alex. Here's some fruit." Lydia said and Alex smiled widely. "My savoir" Alex said and she smiled. "Lydia forgot forks." Luke called. "So what!" Lydia said and they all laughed. "Now off to get mr grumpy!" Reggie said and Lydia smiled, Bobby was always grumpy.

After picking up Bobby they made it to the school and they all sat on the bench as they ate their fruit and drank their water talking about random things.

Lydia then gasped in realization then went into her backpack grabbing her lyric book. She past the book to Luke who sat right next to her. The other boys were in their own world talking about world tours and how they weren't going to release a country album but Reggie listed off reasons on why they should.

Lydia laid her head on Luke's shoulder and sighed as he went to the page Lydia was up all on working on.

"It's dedicated to Riley and Justin...I added Justin's late. I just wanted him to be included" Lydia said and she watched Luke read through the lyrics. Justin's part in the song was how Justin always ignored drama, he was never problematic. Which Lydia appreciated, so she had to put it in the song.

Some girls get all done up, hide their face and repair
They attended every party but it's taking them nowhere
Some think it's funny, say they don't even care
But on the inside they wish they were there

What have we come to now?
We all wanna be like the rest
Can describe just how
But we're all a beautiful mess

One moment, we're broken and then we're fine
"He called you back?" "Wait wasn't he mine?"
One moment, we're broken and then we're fine
Lost in the puzzle of the teenage mind

Some boys make the trouble and think they're all it
Constantly in company or thrown to the ditch
And some are just there to have a good time
Ignoring every bit of drama and each little lie

What have we come to now?
We all wanna be like the rest
Can describe just how
But we're all a beautiful mess

One moment, we're broken and then we're fine
"He called you back?" "Wait wasn't he mine?"
One moment, we're broken and then we're fine
Lost in the puzzle of the teenage mind

What have we come to now?
Can't describe just how

One moment we're broken and then we're fine
They said hello, but missed goodbye
We are all insane inside
And no ones gonna figure out the teenage mind

Luke turned to Lydia and smiled down at her. "I love it." He said and her face began to heat up. "Thank you." She said, she was honored.

edited

IF YOU DONT KNOW THE SONG: it's Teenage Mind by Tate McRae.

a/n whilst being rewritten: idky i felt the need to even put a song in this chapter😭