3

As Lydia went through her locker she heard the voices of her best friends getting closer. She smiled as she turned towards them and waved. Her eyes drifted to the right side of Justin's head to the the group of boys talking. The boys of Sunset Curve talking to each other.

She sighed as she put her attention back onto her friends. "What's up guys?" She asked as she closed her locker. "Nothing much, we were talking about where we should go on a date this week." Riley said and Lydia's smile almost dropped. She couldn't make it so obvious that it did.

"Do you have any suggestions?" Justin asked and Lydia simply shrugged. "I'm the worst person to ask, all my dates went terribly wrong and the food had always sucked." Lydia said. But she lied.

She loved going to this diner, her mom took her every once and a while when she would have a breakdown about missing her dad. But she didn't want to share her spot with her best friends just so they could go on a date there. She didn't want to be selfish but she just cared so much about this diner. She hoped that it stayed unknown to a lot of people.

The diner was almost out of town, and people barely knew about it. So that was her only escape.

The couple simply nodded agreeing on their local restaurant, Jolie's. It was a 1950s styled restaurant. Looking almost exactly like the one Lydia went to. They walked to their class while Lydia stood at her locker looking at them walk away.

She was confused because they'd usually walk with her to her class before they headed off to the same class together. But they just left her.

Reggie and Alex being the two who saw what happened looked at each other. Alex shrugged quickly and Reggie eyes widened, getting an idea.

"Hey! Lydia!" Reggie called and Alex's eye widened. "What are you doing?" Alex whispered trying not to make his lips move. "I'm being nice." Reggie said as Lydia turned to look at the boy. "Hey, Reggie!" Lydia said loud enough for him to hear her and waved at him. She was screaming in her head. She was embarrassed that the boys were all looking at her. She didn't know what to do but smile.

"Wanna walk to math together after lunch?" Reggie asked, just trying to be nice seeing that she was just upset about her best friends. "Sure, that'd be nice" Lydia said and he nodded. Lydia walked quickly, now embarrassed that she nearly yelled across the hall to a boy. Everyone glanced at her as she walked quickly to her class.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Lydia ate her food as she awkwardly waited for her best friends. Something was off with them today, it's like they total forgot about the daily things they did together. She was embarrassed to be sitting alone. Everyone in this school had someone to sit by, but her. She just sat there.

She checked the time confused to why her best friends weren't showing up by now. It was 12:34, lunch had started 15 minutes ago.

She looked down at her food slightly pushing it around with her fork. She sighed deeply. It had been far too long for her liking.

The girl started to look around at the tables, nothing was off so far. Everyone was where they were supposed to be, or where they usually sat. But why not her best friends? She felt like they knew she lied so now they were mad at her.

Her eyes squinted at the familiar face smiling widely. Her eyes adjusted and she noticed Justin laughing with the football team as Riley sat next to the cheerleaders who were also at the same table. Her worried face dropped. She could feel the frown now tugging on her face as she tried to stay hopeful but she couldn't. They ditched her. That whole time she was worried about her best friends not coming to lunch but that whole time they were at lunch, just not with her.

Two figures then sat in front of her making her jump slightly as she turned quickly to see the blonde and brunette boy.

"Hey, Lydia. This is Alex, Alex this is, Lydia." Reggie introduced the two, taking Lydia by surprise. She smiled slightly. "It's nice to meet you Alex." She said. "Same to you." Alex smiled. "So what's up?" Reggie asked and she laughed while looking down at her food, trying her best to play it cool. "My stupid best friends ditched me for the cheer squad and football team." She smiled sadly. "Well we aren't doing anything, wanna come to our table?" Reggie asked.

Lydia was taken back. Why would such cool boys would want to hang out with someone like her. "I mean-we aren't as cool as them...but we're..here." Alex stammered as he referred to the football team and cheerleaders and Lydia eyes widened. "Are you kidding? You're better than them, your music is amazing." Lydia blurted, purely out of disbelief. She couldn't believe that she heard him say such a thing. The boys smiled widely, they were both surprised by the words that came out of her mouth. "You listen to our music?" Alex asked and she nodded.

"When you guys played at the dance last time, I grabbed the CDs that were settled on the stand next to the stage." Lydia explained and the boys smiled. No one at the school really grabbed the CDs, the table would always still be full once they were done playing about four songs. But to hear that she listened to their music warmed their hearts.

"Come on, lets go to our table, the boys would love to hear about this." Reggie said and Alex nodded. Lydia got up with the boys nervously. She was scared to talk to the other two. The ones she found intimidating. And she would remind herself of that everyday.

Once the boys sat at the table Reggie looked up to see the girl awkwardly standing their holding her tray. He slid down a chair, patting at a chair that was between him and Alex.

She sat down gaining Luke and Bobby's attention.

"And you are?" Bobby asked. She was right, he was intimidating. Her heart started to beat quickly. The only thing she could think of was quickly getting up and walking away.

"Don't be rude, her name is Lydia. Remember Reggie said hi to her this morning?" Alex said and Bobby didn't respond. She now had felt like she wasn't welcomed at this table. They didn't want her here, only Alex and Reggie did. "I-I can go." She said making Alex and Reggie quickly shake their heads. "No..It's fine. I promise" Reggie said and she nodded slowly, trying to reassure herself.

"Oh-uh. My name's Luke" The brunette with cut off sleeve's spoke and she smiled lightly at him. "Lydia" she said softly and he nodded. They started at each other for a while, but Reggie made them look away from each other as he began to speak. "She listens to our music, she has our CD." Reggie said happily. He couldn't wait to get that out.

This made Luke smiled.

"You do?" He asked, his eyes suddenly sparkling. She laughed slightly nodding. "Your music is great!" Lydia said making Bobby scoffed which gained everyone's attention. Reggie frowned confused to why the boy was being rude. "Dont mind him." Alex said quietly to her and she nodded.

Alex shot the boy a glare and quickly shot Lydia a smile.

edited