[ C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N ]

I felt the sand run through my hair as I laid back down. Wil and I hadn't talked at all, just sung our favourite songs and listened to the waves lap softly against the lakeshore.

I tried to smile and tell Wil to hang up, and that I was all better, but he refused to leave over and over again. He knew me too well to go, he saw the shaking in my arms as I sat up, the chewed up lips I was still nibbling on, the tiredness in my eyes.

I wouldn't say it, but I was a little disappointed that Wil was the one here with me.

I propped up the phone so he could watch the stars with me, and eventually he did have to go.

He hung up, and I felt my eyelids getting heavy. I stared at my phone screen for a minute, looking for texts from one person in particular.

I decided it was hopeless, and shifted my weight to my arms to get up.

Just as my shoulders began to rise, gentle hands rested on them. 

I tensed up a bit, but knew I didn't have the energy to react much.

Then came a voice, so deep and full that i could drown in it. I had forgotten how it sounded in person, the way it said my name made my face heat up.

"It's gonna be okay Angie, sit back down."

I didn't even have to look behind me to know who it was. My shoulders relaxed, my head bowed, and I could already feel the tears clouding my vision.

Technoblade was here with me, and I couldn't be happier.

He sat down beside me, and explained that he recognized the lake from another time he had visited. He lived about an hour away, but rushed down as fast as he could so it was only about 40 minutes.

I chuckled at the last bit, and yawned. 

Without thinking, I shuffled over and rested my head on his shoulder, feeling my eyes droop from exhaustion.

I think Techno realized I was too tired to talk, so he just told me stories about Wil and the guys, and making me laugh.

I wanted to stay here with him forever, and as I almost drifted off to sleep, he gently moved me so I was laying in his lap. Any other time I would be squealing internally, but I was so sleepy that I couldn't do anything but enjoy the moment.

The only thing I remember before fully drifting off at the lake was a notification from Techno's phone, which had fallen from his pocket at some point. It was a text from Wilbur...

𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙢𝙚, 𝙞 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤.

I didn't think much about it and fell asleep, never wanting to move again.

The rest of the evening from there was in bits and pieces, with me falling in and out of consciousness.

Techno asking for the address to the cabin...

Techno humming to songs in the car...

Techno loading my things into the trunk...

Techno ruffling my hair and smiling after a pothole startled me out of sleep...

As we pulled up to a cute little bungalow, I woke up a little more.

My throat was all muddy from sleep and grateful tears, but I managed to mutter out a weird noise to show I was awake.

"Welcome to the home of the blade" He announced, gesturing dramatically.

It wasn't much, and I even noticed that the bushes were uneven and the porch was barren of anything.

I didn't expect much else though, he is Techno after all.

We went inside, and he led me over to a room near the back of the house.

It was a bedroom, it smelled like old spice and Techno, I loved it.

It was fairly a plain room, but I recognised the play buttons on the wall above the bed.

The bed was big enough for both of us, so I immediately nestled myself under the covers.

Techno brushed the hair out of my face as I got drowsy again, making me blush and cover my face with the blanket.

As he turned around to leave the room, I reached out and grabbed the sleeve of his jacket.

He looked back at me with a smile, and I tugged on his sleeve a bit.

"Alright, alright..." He gave in with a chuckle. He began to lie down on the floor and I kicked him.

He looked at me with surprise, and I shifted to the other side of the bed, leaving lots of room for him. "You sure that's ok?" He seemed hesitant, but this time I wouldn't give in.

He sighed, and flopped onto the bed beside me. It was the perfect for for the two of us, and as I drifted off into a dream, I silently thanked the stars for closing the California borders.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚗𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚗𝚎."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

𝟠𝟛𝟚 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤

𝟘𝟙/𝟙𝟚/𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟙

ℙ𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕍𝕠𝕥𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥, 𝕃𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖 𝕡𝕝𝕫!! ;-;