[ C H A P T E R T H I R T Y-O N E ]

I winced as Techno laid me down on the couch, we had just gotten back from the hospital and my freshly sprained knee was pretty swollen. The sprain was minor, the doctor said it would be okay in 3 weeks tops but my vacation was gonna be ruined.

We had only planned to play minecraft for the rest of the day, so I wouldn't have any problem with that. Editing and playing would have to be what I spend the most of my time doing, and I was silently cursing myself for taking something silly like a game so seriously. The couch was soft, and as everyone crowded around to make sure I was okay, I let out a soft sigh.

"Does it feel okay?" Niki spoke softly, I couldn't help but chuckle weakly at everyone's worries expression. "It's really not that bad, guys. I promise I just need to sit for a while." I swiveled into a sitting position, and after a while everyone seemed to disperse. Tommy gave me a fist bump for being a 'big man' whatever that means, and Wil left his guitar with me to mess around on if I got bored.

The couch shifted as someone sat beside me, and Techno let me lean my head on his shoulder as I tweeted out a photo of the ugly brace my knee would be trapped in. Everyone was super sympathetic in the comments, and I felt a little better sitting with Techno and reading all the love.

Eventually, I made Techno carry me to the computer desk so I could play on the SMP with everyone, I decided not to stream but instead hang out on everyone else's streams.

Everyone's chat was making sure I was okay, most of the stream I ran around planting flowers since I wasn't in the mood to kill anyone.

I spent a lot of time following Techno around, and he even noticed the little knee brace I had added to my skin.

I logged off around the time where I would usually do my dance, but I knew I really shouldn't try anything like that if I didn't want to extend the time the stupid cast would be on my leg.

I went simple for pajamas, a velvety pink top and white shorts were fine. I stared longingly at my dance floor from my bed, and just before my head hit the pillow to sleep, I heard the door creak open.

Techno and I had been sleeping in separate rooms to avoid any suspicion of... *ahem*

I sat up as he crossed the room, and I smiled as he set his phone on the bed, the familiar dance video queued up to play.

The song was one I really liked, "Mambo No. 5" by Lou Bega.

I held in a shriek as he lifted me from the bed, but my feet didn't seem to hit the ground as he held me in one arm and used the other to start the song.

He held me so I could rest my good foot on the ground, but made sure my other leg was out of the way for the whole dance. It was fairly fast paced, so I giggled as he swung me around the room.

You couldn't get the smile off my face if you tried, and the way he looked at me made me feel genuinely pretty, and I forgot all about the cast on my leg.

It felt like a movie where I got to be the main character, instead of standing to the side like I had done for so much of my life.

He lifted me into the air where I should have jumped, and I felt safe in his arms.

The last move was a dip on my good foot, so we managed that normally. I was sad to hear the song end, but looking into his eyes as we held the dip was my favourite part. He had that same look in his eyes that never failed to melt my heart, whether it was while I was doing something simple like cooking or doing my hair, or in a special moment like this.

I didn't even have to lean up to meet his lips, he surprised the both of us by starting the kiss himself.

His lips met mine and it felt like magic. It was soft and gentle, but lasted an eternity. When he finally pulled away and laid me delicately in my bed, I smiled and gave him another peck before he left to go to his room. I felt like a giddy school girl pulling the covers to my face to hide the blush dusting my cheeks, and I fell into a deep sleep just minutes later.

Tomorrow would be a whole new day of worries, but for now I could just bask in the warm feeling the dance had given me.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚗𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚗𝚎."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

𝟠𝟜𝟙 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤

𝟘𝟙/𝟚𝟜/𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟙

ℙ𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕍𝕠𝕥𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥, 𝕃𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖 𝕡𝕝𝕫!! ;-;