[ C H A P T E R T H I R T Y ]

I ran as fast as I could, I knew it was hot on my trail.

My breathing was heavy and my steps were uneven as I sprinted, but I saw something familiar to my right. A tree with branches jutting out at my height. I looked back, the hunter couldn't see me but could definitely hear me. I made a sharp turn and jumped for a low-hanging branch. I felt the rough wood beneath my palms, and scrambled to pull myself up and higher into the tree.

I nestled myself on a wide branch, and I heard leaves crunch and twigs snap below me as the hunter approached. Techno panted a bit, it was quite the chase. I covered my mouth to quiet my heavy breaths, and surveyed my surroundings. A few big trees with good cover, but I'd rather be somewhere closer to the house for the final chase.

We had ran far, just about as far as I'd gone this morning on my scout. I started to climb from the tree after I was sure he was gone, and I heard a yell.

Toby had surely lost a life, and gotten jumpscared.

I had lost two lives being careless for content, Tommy was out almost immediately, I think Niki was gone, and I had seen Phil hiding during the Techno chase, I don't know if he's lost any. Wil was the only person I had no tabs on, and as I creeped through the leaves and tiptoed over fallen logs, I saw Phil still in the same spot, leaning on a fallen tree.

I sat beside him, startling him. He sighed. "This is bloody terrifying... why did it have to be Techno???" I snickered, covering my mouth after the loud noise. Soon after, I was off again.

I froze as I heard leaves crunch, nobody would walk that open unless they were...

Sprinting again, I made my way back to where Phil was, leaving him to die. He was already standing, but he had no chance with how much noise we were making.

Running, jumping, climbing, head thinking, and loving every moment of it. This was so much fun, my hands were shaky but the adrenaline was pumping.

I couldn't tell you how long it was after that before I was heard by the terrifying hunter, and the chase began. The rule was that to officially "tag" someone, he had to hold a hand on them for five seconds to keep the hunter from just running around slapping everybody.

There was no way I could escape again, I didn't trust any of the trees to support my weight and there was nowhere to go. What do I do? this was my last life and Technoblade has no weaknesses physically...

I had a horrible idea, it brought a smile to my face. I planted my feet in the open clearing, and waited silently. He eventually approached slowly, confused as to why I wasn't running. I sauntered over to him, with a little wave.

He had no idea what I was doing, the grin on my face was confusing.

It was then that his arm reached out to touch me, and I immediately crashed my lips to his.

I counted in my head. "one, two, three, four..." I pulled away, barely escaping and executing my plan perfectly, he stood there and didn't even see the direction I ran off in. I decided to stay hidden and watch him. He shook his head lightly after a second, snickering to himself. He reached a hand up to touch his lips softly, and it amazed me how long he stood there like an idiot.

I eventually ran away after he walked away from the clearing, the opposite direction to me.

---------

It had definitely been well over an hour at this point, maybe even two, and I heard the sound I had been hoping for, a whistle blow.

I was the last one standing, and I had to get past the scariest person ever to win. The house was the goal, and the place I need to be.

I was unfortunately far from the house, so I took off in a sprint knowing he wouldn't be this far out.

I was crossing the river which wasn't too far out when I first saw him, he was wearing a green hoodie and the colour blended in well, but I managed to spot him.

He hadn't seen me yet, and I took off in a sprint, alerting him to my location.

I didn't know if he would catch up to me, I just ran as fast as I could.

It was so sudden, the root I hadn't notice hooked itself around my foot causing my knee to hit the ground, scraping it a bit and causing it to scream in pain.

I was limping a bit, but I was still keeping up a good jog. I winced at the pain, being quiet was my only chance at winning.

Inevitably, Techno approached, a smile on his face from winning. As he noticed I wasn't running, worry crossed his face. The pain in the back of my knee was really bad, and he guided me to sit down on a log. It was a bit bruised and swelling, and after a second of resting, he picked me up bridal-style to bring me out to where everyone was waiting. "I was so close..." I grumbled, still upset about losing. If I wasn't clinging to Techno as he carried me, I would have crossed my arms. "That's what you're worried about???" I looked up to Techno, he looked really worried, and I felt really bad for him. "It's not that bad, I promise, just a bit bruised is all." I tried to reassure him, leaning my head on his shoulder.

I made him put me down before everyone could see us, I didn't want them getting weird ideas. I held onto his shoulder to keep weight off my left leg, and hobbled out to everyone who was still waiting for the grand chase.

Everyone came running, and I winced as I tried to rest my weight on the leg.

Happy birthday me, I guess...

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚗𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚗𝚎."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

𝟙𝟘𝟜𝟜 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤

𝟘𝟙/𝟚𝟚/𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟙

ℙ𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕍𝕠𝕥𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥, 𝕃𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖 𝕡𝕝𝕫!! ;-;

A/N- for anyone wondering, this is taking place in late april-early may and she's a taurus :)