A Dangerous Discovery

To @ajr8115 Thank you so much for reading and voting 💕

That would, unfortunately, explain a lot. Sibling rivalry suddenly became a whole lot more dangerous. From what I've heard, one - generally the younger one - often feels as if they live in the shadow of their twin.

"He's older than you, isn't he?" I asked to confirm my suspicions.

"Clever little bird", he replied, mockingly.

I remember doing a case study about Narcissistic Sociopaths. People under this category often felt a strong lack of empathy and a sense of entitlement and privilege. Other common traits were a lack of a guilty conscious, belittling, exploiting and the constant need for control. Mikhail was slowly but surely ticking all those boxes.

So, why had he sent Malik to an institution when clearly he was the mentally deranged one? And, even if he wanted Malik out of the way, why an institution?

Again, I had hit a roadblock in my investigation and judging by his bored face, he was tired of my questions. Well, I had one more to ask whilst I still could.

"Are the people here... the same as what you are? Whatever you call yourselves?"

"Ah, I was wondering when you would ask. Yes, all of us. All apart from you. We call ourselves a pack but a term was given by humans a while back. What was it? A werewolf?" he said, closely observing my facial reactions.

A werewolf?

Just hearing the term for it made me scared as it if sealing the fact that this was all real and not some crazy delusion. I squashed the rising panic before it could make an appearance. He was like a bull and I the matador. The moment I showed my red flag, he would come charging ruthlessly at my weaknesses.

"Gosh", he laughed hysterically. "He didn't even tell you? What a fool".

He took another look at my panicked face and cracked up again.

"Let me guess", he laughed mockingly. "He wanted to keep you safe? He wanted to protect you? Hide you from me? Nothing he has is safe from me".

"Is that all I am then?" I asked, furiously. "An asset? Another way for you to get leverage over him?"

"Do you even know why he wants you?" He questioned, ignoring me. "You don't, do you? Did you just think that you both just coincidentally liked each other?"

He laughed uncontrollably at my expense whilst I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. There was a reason why I inexplicably liked Malik? I needed to know but I wasn't sure if he was going to tell me. He was clearly enjoying my ignorance too much. I felt as if I was going crazy. "There's a reason?" I murmured to myself. I hated this, hated it so much. I hated how little I knew. He ignored me and continued to talk.

"We, can transform into other beings, specifically wolves. Our physical traits are enhanced such as healing, speed, and animalistic senses", he said, baring his canines at me, dragging his tongue languidly across his teeth. "We are physically superior to you humans in every way desirable".

"How is this even possible?" I whispered, quietly.

"That's for you to figure out if you like. And much like you humans, we have an order, a hierarchy. Everyone here obeys my command without fail".

"That sounds more like a dictatorship", I retorted.

"Well, in a way it is", he said, shrugging. "If they have a problem, they issue a challenge. But, who could possibly overpower me?"