Conflicting Distances

Here's to a Lil' Munchkin @aandyP :) Thank you for reading, voting and commenting ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

"Well, how would I know?" She said, chuckling. "I can't feel the mate bond. Only you would know that".

I sighed in frustration. Even so, why the hell was Mikhail going to perform this permanent ceremony on me then? Wouldn't that ruin his future with his real mate or was he that much of a Sociopath that he didn't care?

"I don't feel this kind of 'bond' to Mikhail. Why is he performing the mating ceremony with me then?!"

"That's a question you need to ask the Alpha", she said. "But, I advise you not to question him too much. For your own safety", she added.

We sat in silence, as I stared out of the window and she stared at me. There were a few people - should I even call them that? - walking around uniformly, each seeming busy. The area really was secluded. From the small little view I got, all I could see were trees.

"You know", I said as I rested my chin on my hand. "I used to work as a Clinical Psychologist before I was kidnapped". She gazed at me quietly, waiting for me to continue. "I studied for eight years, slaving away, studying for exams, ruining my social life all because of my career choice. People often wondered why I would choose to do something so unnecessarily long when there were much easier options, but I just felt a connection to Clinical Psychology like nothing else. But, if what you said is true, then how do I know my passion is even real? What if it was just 'fate' and I needed to go down this path just to be somebody's mate?"

I sat quietly, feeling the burden lift off my chest. For the first time, I had spilt my innermost worries to someone I didn't even know. I normally kept my feelings under lock and key but for some reason, I was releasing all my secrets to this woman.

"Dear me, I think you're overthinking things a little bit", she said, grasping one of my hands gently and rubbing it. Even with physical contact, I was more reserved but for some peculiar reason, with her, I didn't mind it. She just seemed to put me at ease. "Do you enjoy what you do? Exactly, that is a good enough reason to keep on going".

"But, what's the point?" I whispered. "At the end of this week, I am being forced into this permanent ceremony with a deranged 'werewolf'. I don't get a choice in the matter. I'm just being used as a pawn in this game he is playing to get revenge. Then what? We're in the middle of nowhere".

She squeezed my hand and looked deeply into my eyes. "Are we though?"

I stared at her, my heart beating loudly. Was she trying to help me? She gave me a little wink and I was just about to ask her more when the door slammed open and the same black-haired guard stormed into the room. He pulled my chair out roughly and tipped me out of the seat without warning.

"You speak too much", he growled at Amara. "The Alpha would not approve of this".

"Pfft, he approves of little", Amara calmly said, ignoring the angry man. "It will not kill you to lighten up a little bit Jacob. That frown may become irreversible and your future mate will run away in fear. Poor thing".

I picked myself up from the floor, fuming. He was acting like some sort of brute, pushing and pulling me around everywhere.

"Let's go", he hissed at me, ushering me forward, not wanting to touch me.

"Bye, Amara", I said, quickly. "I hope we can speak again soon".

My view of her was suddenly cut off by Jacobs's large frame as he gestured for me to keep on walking. He led me along a corridor that I recognised would lead me to the room I was staying.