The Plane Ride

I made my way to the gates of the airport, hoping to see my best friend, Katrina, who had bought the Getaway Package Service for the both us.

"Hey! Y/N! Over here!"

It was Kat, standing over a counter with our plane tickets at the ready.

"Oh hey!"

I said as I rolled my suitcase along the floor, towards Kat by the counter.

"You ready?"

She asked, visibly excited.

"Of course! Ready as I'll ever be!"

Kat turned towards the counter where two small racoons stood, waiting instruction.

"Hey, Timmy! Tommy! This is Y/N! My best friend and house mate!" (Meaning they share a house together)

Kat introduced me to the cute little racoons and I said,

"Awwwww! You two are so adorable!"

One of them blushed while the other just replied with,

"Thanks!"

Kat handed them the tickets and said,

"We signed up for the Getaway Package!"

Timmy and Tommy lit up in excitement.

"Awesome! But first, for security measures, we're gonna ask you some questions."

After a few minutes of security questions, they finally let us board the plane.

"We will be accompanying you throughout this ride if you need anything"

Timmy and Tommy said as me and Kat sat next to one another.

In the 4 middle plane seats, Timmy sat next to me, who sat next to Katrina, who sat next to Tommy.

"So, Timmy! Who is older? You or Tommy?"

I said to the adorable little racoon.

"I am! Even though we're twins and we're the same height and same age, I guess nobody can really tell. Except for our Uncle! He can tell us apart! We can't pull a twin swap, because he will figure out who it actually is!"

I let him talk for a while, learning so much about someone who isn't a human.

I worked with animals in the past, but they weren't very kind.

I remember my past.

It was cold and dreary. 

I remember being thrown around like a twig by my parents who never even wanted a child. They never let me rest, they never let me have dessert, and they never let me watch TV. 

They never let me have friends, they only sent me to school for education, and no social interaction. 

It was tough keeping my sanity at a manageable level, but my neighbors were always there to help me out. They would scold my parents when they caught them abusing me. I remember one time, I fell because my brother pulled the chair from under me, and laughed at me, and when I went to tell my parents, they just laughed at me as well. I was so glad that the neighbors wife had come to the door so suddenly. If it wasn't for my wonderful neighbors, I wouldn't be with Katrina right now. 

I remember the day that Katrina moved into the neighborhood, right next to my neighbors. She had pale skin and green eyes, with a striped t-shirt and a baggy apron. She had auburn hair, twisted into a curly ponytail. She wore glasses and had freckles, scattered all across her face.