Explanation

I gently grabbed Timmy and Tommy's paws and walked them over to my tent.

They looked at it and then frowned.

"What's wrong, guys?"

Timmy pointed at the front of the tent.

"Why do you still have a tent? Don't you want a house?"

I looked at the yellow tent.

"Yeah. I guess I do"

But before I left the tent, I said,

"So, I don't know what the evil version of me did, so I'm going to change my clothes so I look less suspicious"

They nodded and waited outside while I changed.

I came out in a white casual tee, a pair of camo pants, some boots, and a white baseball cap.

I walked out and said,

"You guys, I'm kind of nervous. I wonder if she did something to Tom. . ."

I trailed off and Tommy said,

"Uncle Nook is fine! He's not hurt! He's, well, just not physically hurt"

I put my hand to my head.

"What do you mean by 'not physically hurt'? Like just emotionally hurt?"

Timmy and Tommy look at each other in sadness.

"Well, when we walked into the tent earlier, before we found you in the forest, Uncle Nook was crying! He was saying things like, 'I thought she loved me' or 'How have I been so reckless'."

A thought came to my mind.

What if he breaks up with me? Maybe my evil version was right.

"Oh No! No, no, no, no no! Come on! We have to go!"

The three of us raced to the plaza where an angry Tom Nook was crossing his arms and tapping his foot.

"Look. Tom I--"

"It's Mr. Nook to YOU"

He said, interrupting me.

"How could you say those horrible things to me?! After what we went through?! Why!? Why would you do that!?"

This made me want to run back to my tent and never return. But I stood my ground.

"I wouldn't. Who you saw, wasn't me"

His facial expression didn't even budge.

"I don't believe that! It was definitely you!"

Timmy and Tommy took out a Nook Phone and handed it to Tom.

It showed a picture of me locked in the cage, and the evil version of me standing in front of it.

Tom gasped and put his paw to his mouth, realizing what had actually happened. He started to tear up, thinking about how he yelled at me so cruelly.

I sat there, worried.

"Tom, do you believe me now?"

He nodded and put the Nook Phone down.

"Y/n. . .I'm so sorry! I-- how long were you stuck in that cage??"

My stomach answered by making an unholy growling sound.

"Haha! Well, there's your answer!"

I said, laughing.

"So it has been a while, hm?"

I nod, clutching my stomach.

"I was going to make some brownies with Kat, considering her mom is a star baker, but I realized I didn't have a house, so I came here to upgrade my tent."

He nodded.

"Well, come on in to Resident Services and we can talk about that some more!"

"Okay! Awesome!"

Timmy and Tommy followed into Resident Services, along with Tom.

"So, you want to upgrade your tent, hm? Well, that will cost you about 98,000 bells. How does that sound?"

I nodded.

"It's cool. I have a ton of bells from selling to Timmy anyways so that's not a problem."

Tom raised his eyelids to show surprise.

"Really? How much do you have?"

"Oh just about 127,715 bells"

His eyelids open wide in shock.

"How did you get so much in such a short period of time!?"

"I caught a lot of good creatures, what can I say?"

"Yes, yes, you are agile like that. Well, let me introduce you to a new thing we have in our Nook Stop. We have this new thing called Nook Miles +, and it gives you access to more things. Once you upgrade the house, you will have access to it."

"Awesome! Can I take out that loan now?"

"You sure can!"

"Great! Thanks! I can't wait!"

He smiled and said,

"Again, I'm sorry that I yelled at you earlier. I had no idea it wasn't the real you"

I smiled too.

"It's alright. Just be a little paranoid if it seems like I'm acting weird, okay?"

He nodded.

I went to leave, but Tom put his paw on my hand.

"Just be careful, okay?"

I nodded and squeezed his paw.

"I will"

Before I left, I leaned in and pecked his cheek with a kiss, leaving him a bit flustered.

"Bye, Tom"

I waved.

He waved back and put a paw on his face, processing what happened.

"Bye, Y/n"

Tom's pov:

She's so beautiful. . .and so kind. . .I wish I could just hold her in my paws forever. . .