Finally, the Brownies

I walk back to Tom and said,

"I'm going to make some brownies over at Kat's house with the Nooklings. Wanna come?"

He nods.

"That sounds lovely, Y/n"

I smile and hold Tom's paw.

He blushes a tad, squeezing my fingers ever so slightly.

We walk over to Kat's house, and knocked on the door.

A few pans clashed against the stove as we walked in, seeing Kat reaching for something.

"Kat!! I haven't seen you all morning! How've you been?"

She turns around and laughs.

"Oh! Y/n! Mr. Nook! Timmy! Tommy! Come over here!"

We all walked over and saw the ingredients on the counter, just enough for five people.

"Let's get baking people!"

Kat said, handing me a measuring cup. She handed Timmy and Tommy a bowl and a whisk, and started to mix some dry ingredients.

"So you two will mix the dry stuff while Y/n and Tom get the wet ingredients ready."

Timmy and Tommy nodded and started to mix together the ingredients.

"Tom? Could you come over here please?"

Kat said, pulling a stool to the counter.

Tom walked over to the stool and crawled on top of it, standing up to about our height.

She set a bar of butter, a gallon of milk, some eggs and some vanilla extract on the counter. There were more wet ingredients, but I couldn't name them all.

"So you guys need to put these things in a large bowl and mix it all together, and once you and the Nooklings are finished, then you combine the two and mix until you get a batter. Got it?"

I nodded, while Tom took a look at everything on the counter and scratched his head.

I don't think he's ever baked brownies before. Or anything that requires a ton of ingredients.

"Y-yeah. Y/n, could you walk me through this?"

Tom asked, looking at me.

"Of course!"

Kat walked off, doing another baking project, while me and Tom stood by the counter.

I grabbed the measuring cup, and measured the milk and poured it into the bowl.

Tom watched every move as I continued to pour the ingredients in one by one.

I grabbed and egg and handed it to Tom.

"Do you want to crack it into the bowl?"

He nodded.

I showed him how to crack it, and he just about almost smashed the egg.

"Woah! You have to do it softer, like this"

I gently tapped the egg on the side of the bowl. It gave a slight crack, which Tom quietly gasped at.

"It's alright, it supposed to do that. Then you. . ."

I trailed off as I split the egg open, letting the contents into the bowl.

His eyes lit up in awe as he grabbed another egg and did it again, but this time he did it perfectly.

"Wow!! Nice job, Tom!!"

I said, as I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks"

He said, blushing.

I put the rest of the stuff in, and handed the whisk to Tom to stir everything.

Once it was all stirred, we brought the mixture to the table, next to the Nooklings who were having fun mixing the dry ingredients, who managed to get some of it out of the bowl, and onto the table and their own faces.

When Tom saw what was happening, he said,

"Boys! You made a huge mess! Clean this up right now! We're in someone else's house!"

They obeyed and proceeded to clean it up.

Kat came over and said,

"Don't worry about it, boys! I can clean it up later! My other rooms are messier than glitter right now, so don't worry about cleaning it up!"

I leaned over to Tom and whispered,

"She always enjoyed cleaning"

He then looked up and said,

"Interesting"

Kat then looked at me and said,

"Y/n, would you like to do the honors?"

The Nooklings and herself stepped back and I made my way to the table.

I poured the wet into the dry and started to mix it all together.

I mixed everything together and ended up with a little bit of chocolate batter on my face.

Everyone else took a look at the batter.

Tom was looking at me and noticed the chocolate on my face.

He started to blush, thinking about what he was gonna do.

"H-hey, Y/n?"

I looked over at Tom.

"Yeah?"

He stayed silent for a minute.

"Something wrong?"

He looked up and put a paw on my cheek.

"You have something on your face. . ."

He wipes the chocolate off, and licks it.

I blush at his quick action.

"Heh heh, thanks"

I nervous laugh.

He blushes too.

"Hey, lovebirds! Over here! We're putting the batter into the oven!"

Kat says, startling both of us.

"What did you call us!?"

I said, blushing.

I realized we never told anyone about our relationship but the Nooklings. Well, we didn't actually tell them, the eavesdropped on us, so that's how they found out.

Tom and I walked over to the oven as Kat put it onto one of the shelves.

We all talked and made jokes while the brownies were baking.

The rest of the day turned into dusk as the brownies were pulled out of the oven.

"Brownie time!"

Kat said as she put the pan onto the table. We ate all of the brownies and called it a night.

Tommy, Timmy, Tom and I all walked home. My house was next to the Resident Services tent, so we walked together.

"Today was an interesting day, Y/n"

I nodded.

"Yeah. It was."

We parted ways as I made my way to my tent.

"Tomorrow I'll have a house. Interesting"

I fixed up the room, and duct taped my cot back together.

I got in it and said,

"Goodnight"

To nobody in particular, but I then heard a faint,

'Goodnight'

from the corner of my mind.