THIRTEEN

Mere Dard Mere Hai, Mere Thay Mere Hi Rahen Gay,

Aap Sitamgar Hai, Sitamgar Thay Sitamgar Hi Rahen Gay....

THIRD PERSON’S POV

A loud scream escaped Samaira’s lips as she looked towards the owner of the voice. It was her older brother Kabir Kirmani who was twenty five, seven summers older to her and one summer younger to Anuoshay, making her the youngest child of the Zara and Ibrahim Kirmani.

But it wasn’t her who behaved like one, it was him. He was the life of Kirmani villa and was entertainment walking on two legs.

And now he was standing there. She wasn’t able to believe he was here. He had planned to come after three months.

Standing frozen, rooted to her spot she was staring her brother meeting family, when his eyes turned to her who was about to cry and that was when he extended his arms and called her towards him.“Bhaai se nahi milogi chotu.”

(Won’t you meet your brother ?)

His words triggered something inside her as she immediately sprinted towards him without wasting another second and engulfed him in a tight hug, a happy tear leaking out of her eye. “I missed you so much Kabir bhaai!!!”

“Me too chotu....” wiping the little drop of tear from his sister’s eye, he pinched her chubby cheeks, lightning the atmosphere by calling her ‘fat’. “Waise I think I should change your name to motu now.” his lips moved upwards in mischief as he saw Samaira whining siding towards their elder brother, calling for his help.

“Bhaiyu...”

Musa who was earlier enjoying their banter was now turned into a protective stance as he glared at his younger brother, asking him to behave, knowing how sensitive his little doll was. “Kabir...”

“Aaj ke din to meri izzat ka falooda na banaye bhaai.” Kabir on the other hand pouted, pointing towards his new bhabhi making Musa roll his eyes at him.

He was such a baby.

(Atleast don’t insult me today.)

“Then don’t tease her....” smiling at a scowling Kabir, Musa patted his back hearing Samaira snicker in the background watching Kabir getting scolded by him.

“And how come you are here ? Tum to teen mahine baad aane wale the na ?” he questioned watching Kabir grin widely, the tone of excitement lacing his voice.“And miss the chance of attending you Nikaah ? Absolutely No. I started packing the time lina told me-” he was so happy that he didn't realised what he was mumbling and by the time he did everyone was exchanging looks of amusement between him and Alina, who was resembling a ripe tomato getting so much attention.

(You were coming after three months, right ?)

Of course they were very good friends, nothing else. But he knew his family would try to play match makers if they got to know about their secret friendship.

And it was a total no for him. He didn’t wanted to commit to anyone. He was not ready.

Passing a sheepish smile to Alina, Kabir turned towards his little sister who had a serious look, and was ready to grill him like a police officer,  probing further into the matter. “Ahaan!!Lina....So you-”