EIGHTEEN

Rakhtey Hai Mohabbat Ko
Taghaful Mein Chupa Kar,

Parwah Hi To Karte Hai
Jo Parwah Nahi Kartey...

THIRD PERSON’S POV

“Ab aap apne kamre mein jayein. I’ll send someone to tend your wound.” making sure Musa was feeling better, amma bi kissed his forehead and caressed his stubbled cheek asking him to rest. Standing up she made her mind to send Mariyam to Musa’s aid. Her company could ease off Musa's mind of the threat looming over her and it would also give the newlyweds to spend time with each other and strengthen their bond.

(Now go to your room.)

Watching amm bi leave, Musa too got up to retreat back to his room, his mind working upon the ideas to protect Mariyam. Harris too followed behind him, knowing well that his brother's brain has started running miles to ensure his wife’s security.

But he wanted to know what had changed since their last conversation because he clearly remembered how Musa reacted hearing Mariyam’s name.... Then what changed overnight that his boss and his brother was going berserk for his newly wedded wife, whom he was pretending to loathe a day ago.

Did he finally realised that she was innocent and was feeling guilty for his actions ?

Did he found his words truthful about Mariyam ? About her innocence regarding Farooqui’s matter.

Or had he finally surrendered to his heart which was clearly showing the signs of him being in love with his wife ?

There were so many speculations, so many theories which could be applied for Musa’s changed behavior.... But in all these theories one thing was constant...

He had been unfair to Mariyam.... Unfair towards judging her. And now when he had his stance clear about her, she was slipping away from him, from his hold.... And he couldn't do anything about it.

He was helpless.....

And the expression he was carrying was that of an helpless man. A man who was close to his breakdown.

“Aage ka kya socha hai bhaai ?” stepping onto Musa's personal floor, Harris immediately fired him up with his question. He really wanted to know what had his brother planned.

(What will you do now brother ?) 

He wanted to know the reason behind his brother's resolve to keep Mariyam beside himself.

“Double the security, Harris. Appoint ten of our best skilled combat fighters for her security....Install more CCTV's around the whole mansion and. Keep. A. Close. Eye. On. Every. Activity. Around. The. Mansion....And do not forget to track all our oppositions, specially that Farooqui. I know he is planning for a big attack after what happened... Look properly into everything Harris. I don't want any carelessness--” but instead of telling him anything Musa started barking out orders at him, unleashing his usual serious side upon him, not giving him the desired answer.

His mind was occupied with the thoughts of her security. He wanted to ensure her safety first. Her life was more precious than his desire to make her stay with him.

Harris too decided to keep his silence and take account of his boss’s orders,  reading his solemn expressions as he assured him, complying to his orders.
“Bhaai--- I will take care of everything. You don't have to worry.... but I was not talking about that--” stopping in middle, he turned to look at his brother so that he could reassure himself to go on, but he started stuttering watching his face turning ashen.