TWENTY ONE

Dil Udaas, Zubaan Khamosh
Aur Ye Aankh Nam Kyu Hai,
Tujhe To Kabhi Paya Hi Na Tha
To Phir Aaj Khone Ka Dar Kyu Hai.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Her heart stopped, watching the scene in front of her. Every insecurity, every pain, every fear was forgotten as soon as her eyes landed upon him; her father.

There he was standing with slugged shoulders in the vast living room of Kirmani mansion, looking like a restless man on mission.

His eyes, they were swollen red, screaming tales of sleepless nights he had. All in all he looked a broken, dead man!

But the question was... Was her father really there ? Or was she seeing the most beautiful dream of her life ? If she was, then she prayed for it to never get over! Never!

Musa too on the other hand wasn't able to believe what he was seeing, but unlike his wife he knew it was true. Her father was really there and it was no dream of his!

He knew his fate! It could never be soft towards him. Could it be ?

A soft inaudible chuckle escaped his lips as he raked fingers through his hair, messing them using his free hand. So, that was it!

The end of Mariyam and Musa!

You both never began Musa. Khatam hona to door ki baat hai.

Oh how much his heart was paining watching her father. He was finally here to take his Mariyam... And he couldn't even do anything. He was helpless.

She herself wanted to go away from him. She wanted to be with her family and it didn't included him.

How much he wanted to embrace her tight and plead her not to leave him. How much he wanted her to forgive him and give him another chance.... But he knew he couldn't do that.

Her happiness was hindering him.... The happiness he snatched from her. The happiness which was devoid from her life from the last ten days.

Her eyes were shining at the sight of her father and he couldn't help but feel happy for her.

Atleast one of them would get their happiness.

And thus he gazed at her like a starved man, stranded in a dessert without any water, and watched her like she was the only way to his survival, like she was the last drop of water and after her he would be left with nothing. Nothing to survive...

Look at her for the last time Musa. Capture this moment within your heart forever!! Kya pata ab ye pal aaye na aaye...

Adhering to his hearts pleads, he gazed at her with all the love and affection he had in him. He took in her beauty from close for the last time, knowing the doom was close.

Chest constricted with pain, heart thudded wildly, eyes became heavy with ache, lips quivered with sorrow, as he watched his everything slipping away from his hands in the mirth of passing time, but all of it came to halt, when he saw her lips wobbling.

“Mariyam!” watching his wife lost in her trance Musa squeezed her hand, making her whimper painfully for breaking her beautiful dream.

Why couldn't this man let me be happy for once ? Inko meri khushiyon se itni pareshaani kyu hoti hai ?!

A small frown marred Musa's handsome face, as he saw Mariyam glaring at him wiping the fat tear leaking out of her eye.

He wasn't able to understand why she was crying now. Wasn't she feeling happy seeing her father ?