TWO

Soort'an Kuch Bhujhy Bhujhy Chehray,
Seerat'an Aftaab Hoty Hai....

MARIYAM NOOR KHAN'S POV

Finally.

We are leaving for Pakistan today. And God I can't tell how much excited I am. I mean who doesn't like travelling ?

I do. A lot.

"Have you packed everything beta ? Because we'll leave in half an hour. Do check everything. Okay ?" My mama Rania Khan patted my head, as she advised me to check everything while proceeding to check her own luggage along with baba's.

I grin widely looking at the suitcases that lye on the floor. Feeling giddy, I stare at the time waiting for it to pass quickly which it did, as I finally hear my mother's voice telling everyone that it's about time we can go.

"Too excited. Aren't you Mariyam ?" Looking at the permanent grin on my face baba asked, to which I nodded happily, watching him chuckle and pat my head.

"Very much baba. I mean, I would love to go there and explore the scenery. Probably my cousins there will be good so, I would love to make friends with them-" After thinking a lot yesterday night I came to a conclusion which was that maybe those new people wont be wary of me like my relatives are.

Maybe just mabye they'll be nice.

I was happlily rambling when I  noticed my father's expressions, and I realised I said something wrong which turned his mood sour. He was frowning, starting into space and there was a sad look etched upon his face.

But I didn't said anything wrong. I guess so. Still, think I should apologise to him. I don't like my baba angry. He looks good when he smiles, not the other way around.

"Baba I am-" looking into his eyes I started apologising but he stopped me, asking me to get him a glass of water. Nodding I stood up listening to him and entered the kitchen to quickly grab the glass pouring water into, as I see Leila making goofy faces with Umair as they both seem to be in deep conversation.

So they finally made up. Thank God my Tom and Jerry are together now.

I went and gave baba water, he replies with Jazakh'Allah. I smile and sit down beside him. "Yes, you can make friends with them but remember to maintain distance with male your cousins, my child. Remember you are Junaid Khan's guroor, his pride, his precious."

I don't know why he said the last sentence but nonetheless I smiled assuring him, "I know my limits baba and I won't put you down. Ever." And he smiled hearing me. His expressions seemed like something heavy was lifted off his chest, like he was relieved.

I won't do anything which will cause pain to my father. I live on his happiness and I won't do anything which my father has forbidden me to. He trusts me and I won't break his trust ever.

"And you are allowed to do whatever your heart wishes, but first we have to meet your mother's family as you can see she is very eager." Pointing towards mummy, baba chuckled watching the permanant grin on her face.

She looked like a child. An eager child and I don't blame her. Afterall it's her family she is going to meet after years Sumera khala is her favorite sister and they both love each other a lot. Even after so many years of separation they both love each other with their hearts, not caring about the tension between our countries.

And that's what I admire about them. Their hearts are connected even if they are separated by borders. That's what love for family is.

Distance doesn't matter when we love someone, for our hearts are always connected even if we aren't physically together.