TWENTY SIX

I wrote the chapter because of your love, otherwise I had given up the will to write long ago because of no appreciation.

Let me know how much you are happy to read this chapter with your inline comments. I am waiting to read them. It would motivate me to write more💕💕

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Maybe we were meant to meet
but not be.

  -J.B

THIRD PERSONS POV

One whole week had passed since she came to her mother's maternal house and there was not a single day she had a proper sleep.

From the day she stepped back into that house she had been subjected to taunts by her mother who had insulted her time and again because of her forced marriage.

The woman was relieved seeing her with her father, but the second she retreated her from her embrace she had braced her with stinky eyes, making her feel pathetic like she always had.

Also, she had been adamant to send her back to Musa’s place hearing off his relationship with her husband. Mariyam couldn't blame her mother, she had always acted looking up to the society, and with her family pressing her to send Mariyam to her in-laws, had made her set her mind according to them, if not for her father standing against her.

He was firm standing against his wife and her whole family who were giving her stinky eyes for everything which had happened.... While they continued to blame her, nobody dared to voice it out loud, not wanting to mess with Musa Kirmani’s wife. All they did was taunt her indirectly and ignore her presence.

Yes it did hurt her but not more than her mother's dejection towards her.

Raniya Khan was her mother. Out of all people she could have atleast understood her daughter. She should have known the girl she raised up.

“Are you okay ?” a soft voice broke her trance and she looked up finding her cousin Aisha standing near, her forehead creased laced with worry.

She was her aunt's daughter. The same one who carelessly left her while shopping. Mariyam had no grudges towards her, as she said she was sorry. It wasn't like she deliberately left her... But her one mistake cost her, her life.

“Mariyam--” her shoulder was squeezed by her cousin who was watching her, trying to detect her emotions but she got nothing.

Hiding emotions had been a game, in which she aced in. No one could look past through the facade... Nor that she had sparked anyone's interest to look past her walls.

“Do you want something aapi ?” her tone was polite just like she was.

“No dear. I just came here to be with you .... But are you fine ?” Mariyam sighed watching Aisha sit beside her... This had become their daily routine. Aisha coming to her room and sitting beside her, giving her company.

She, besides her father had been human enough to trust and support her, although Mariyam thought that she had just taken pity on her poul soul, feeling guilty of her mistake.

Afterall why in the world a stranger would trust her, when her own mother had not ?! Either, she was burdened to, or she was too good.

But she dared not confront Aisha... Fearing losing the only good company after her Leila Jaan and her father. Her brother too was with her but he was not much of a support, since their mother did not take his words into her accounts due to his young age.