NINE

Rawaiyon Ki Takleef Jab Rooh
Mein Utar Jaye To,
Alfaaz Uska Mudawaa Nahi
Kar Sakte...

MARIYAM NOOR KHAN'S POV

Holding the glass pitcher in my hand I stroded towards the kitchen area to fill it up, so that it will be easy for me to lock myself my assigned room. I don't want to face anyone. I am too drained and tired to even talk with anyone.

“Hey! You.”

But it looks like the fate has planned something else as I heard someone's voice and unfortunately I am forced to turn towards the direction of the voice.

The owner of the voice is none other than zareen’s mother. Looks like I have landed myself in trouble but what can I do, that's what I am doing these days.

But that's okay. This trouble is only for one more day.

Taking a long breath, I walked towards her, my eyes fell upon her companions, one of whom was gazing me like some kind of serial killer, others looked like they were judging me but ignored them and walked towards chachi who was smirking looking towards my direction.

Trouble for sure.

“Go and bring refreshments from the kitchen.”

Here we go.

“Okay.” giving her a small nod I walk towards the kitchen area, gathering the refreshments the helper handed me with, walking back towards the living room, hearing the same weird aunty inquiring about me from Zareen’s mother.

“Who is she Shireen ? We haven't seen her here...” Her gaze raked through my whole form with strange look shining inside her eyes, making me feel hell uncomfortable.

“Don't bother about here. She is a mere servant, nothing else.” dissmissing that aunty she answered,  challenging me to deny, but I kept my silence not wanting to argue with her.

“Oh!! I thought maybe Musa married-”

No ways.

No chance.

Not that I want to. I would never marry him. Never. He is a bipolar man and I am scared of him.

We both are poles apart. Just like sky and earth. We can never meet.

Smiling at those bizarre thoughts of aunty I braced myself for chachi’s taunts but nothing came in my way, instead she averted her gaze towards her friend not liking the way she associated me with Mr. Kirmani. “How can you think like that Mrs. Salman ? Itne bure din nahi aaye hai Musa ke wo isse nikaah kare. He will only marry my Zareen.”

Of course he'll not marry a person like me who he clearly dislike but he won't marry Zareen as well. Or maybe he will. Afterall she is his family.

“Offo!! Shireen tum inta bura kyu maan rahi ho. Maine to sirf bola hai.... look at her she is so beauti-” justifying herself Mrs. Salman, gave a very fake smile to chachi, eying me again, making me want to laugh out loud.

God these people are so fake.

“Why are you both fighting because of a servant girl ?” this time the other lady spoke putting end to their argument and then I saw chachi turning towards my direction, glaring at me as if I am responsible for whatever happened, and channelled it  towards the hate she had for me in the tone of her voice “She is right. Let it be. Please have something.... Why are you standing here ? Serve tea to us.”

The tone of her's was so harsh that it made me flinch. Tears of humiliation filled my eyes but I gulped them down and took hold of cups, taking deep breaths to calm my heart. I have never felt so insulted but I can't do anything. I have been at their mercy and my tongue is tied. I can't insult her when her family had protected me, gave me a roof in my tough time. My father had always taught me to fight for myself but today I am so helpless that I can't even-