Chapter 10, Weakness.

Everything goes quiet, and I wait, then, my eyes snap open.

I'm back to sitting on the top step. I stand up and wait a bit, because I'm a tad dizzy.

This happens when I really concentrate while I surf.

After waiting for about a minute, I reach down and grab the shotgun from my waistband. I plan on grabbing Aundray and Gabe first, as there isn't as many men around them, so it should be easy. I point my gun in front of me, and let my instincts take over. Slowly I creep down the steps.

Once I reach the bottom, I push my head against the door, to listen for anyone on the other side, and there seems to be no one.

Gently I push the steel door open, and examine Drakes room. It's clean, just as I thought it would be, although it reeks of socks and dirty underwear. All the walls are painted a light gray, and a huge bed lies in the middle. I'm extremely tempted to go and take a snooze... But I know I have much greater things to deal with than being tired.

I look to my left, to see the door that I'm pretty positive is the way out.

Suddenly, the door knob starts to rattle.

Oh shit.

I run to what looks like a closet, and jump inside.

"Scarlett!" Drakes voice booms... How does he know that I've escaped?!

"Scarlett, I swear when I find you I will staple you to my ass and you'll never be able to leave!"

Oddly, my mind is strangely satisfied with seeing Drakes ass all day...

I listen as his feet creek on the wooden floor, he's nearing the closet I'm in. I get my gun ready.

"You know what's funny?" Drake asks. And honestly I'm not sure what could possibly be funny in this situation. I'm stuck in a closet full of his dirty underwear, trying not to gag myself from the deathly smell.

"You do? Okay. Well all of us carry around a cell phone... You seem to have forgotten to take that away when you jumped Scott. Wasn't very smart of you Scarlett." He laughs. Frig sakes, how could I have not thought about that!? I should've searched him over!

Not thinking, I throw my head back and close my eyes, shaming myself for my stupidity. But when my head whacks the wall behind me, making a load thump, I literally think about pointing the gun to my head and shooting myself.

"Ahh, You seem to have a nick for my closet... Come out now and I won't beat you as badly."

I'm not going to give up that easily. I've always been a fighter.

"Scarlett.... If you don't come out right now, You'll regret it more than anything."

I think about how much it will hurt if he gets a hold of me... I'll never admit it to his face, but he scares me. A lot.

Against my better judgement, I stay still.

"Fine. When I'm done with you, You won't even be able to move one of your tiny fingers." I hear him stomp towards me, and every bone in my body shakes from the thought of him getting a hold of me again.

Drake whips open the door. I fire my gun, aiming horribly, and shoot his foot.

"Fuck!" He screams and I fly out the closet, dodging Drakes reaching hands. My ears are ringing from the gunshot... And I know that others are on their way to figure out what the noise was about.

They'll find Drake and come searching for me.

I need to get to Aundray and Gabe fast.

I run down the hall, and I can hear Drake shouting at me from the distance.