Chapter 20, Empathy?

"Wake up." A soft husky voice calls to me, it's okay though it must be in my dream. "Scarlett, wake up." I wave off the voice and try hard to go back to sleep.

But that's impossible when I feel someone grab my shoulders and abruptly shake me awake. "Time to get up!" The blurry face hollers to me.

"Fuck off." I mumble as I shake off the hands on my shoulders and again try to sleep. I'm so tired.

Suddenly I feel a warm arm wrap underneath my shoulder, and another slither under my knees.

The blankets are pulled off my bruised body and I'm lifted, the cold striking me unexpectedly. It was so warm under those covers.

Realising that I should see who's carrying me and that it's not a dream I open my green eyes slightly, and quickly close them when I see who it is.

It's Hunter, the man who stole my innocents from me, my rapist. Sure I've been raped before, but it doesn't mean it's easier the second time. It doesn't mean that at all.

"I know your awake." He says and I sigh, I don't want to talk to this asshole.

I keep my eyes closed, I don't want to look at him either.

"Hey, look at me when I'm speaking to you." Continuing to keep my eyes sealed shut I try to get out of his arms.
"Scarlett, you don't want me to have to prove my dominance again, do you?" He threatens.

"No thank you." I reply quietly, the events of last night refilling my mind, making me open my bloodshot pearls.

"Good decision." He remarks with a straight expression showing no emotion what so ever. "Drake and Silas want to see you."

My body shudders in the slightest way, barley making it noticeable to Hunter. Haven't I been through enough?

I push away the question realising that I'm not going to get an answer, these people don't care what I'm going through.

An elevator comes into my vision, and curiosity tugs at me and causes me to wonder exactly what floor I'm on.

Level three, that's what level I'm on. I know this because now that we're in the elevator the third floor button is lit up, and Hunter presses the first floor.

"How come you brought me to the third floor?" I ask, curious as to why he wouldn't just keep me on the first.

"Drake, Silas and I all have our own floors. Drake has the first, Silas the second, and mine is the third."

Oh. That explains it I guess.

We come to exit the elevator and near the end of the hall when it dawns on me that I'm still in Hunters strong arms. "I can walk on my own, please put me down."

"You won't want to walk baby girl." He muses to me. I furrow my eyebrows in response and he recognises my confusion and explains further. "Because it'll hurt, from the events last night."

"I want to walk and I don't care if it hurts, please put me down." I demand using the voice I forgot I have, one full of strength and determination.

Hunter sets me down without saying anything and grasps my wrist instead as he leads me out into the sunlight.

The cold air nips at my bare legs, reminding me I'm still in just Hunters shirt. But the soft fabric that reeks of him and his cologne ends at my knees, covering most of me, so I swallow my worry and continue.

With lots more of walking and him dragging me along, and after entering the mansion and strolling the halls, we come to a stop in front of a red wooden door.