01:05 - THE FIASCO BEGINS

"Yeah, I'm going to shank him when he gets back

"Yeah, I'm going to shank him when he gets back."

--

In the early morning, with a headache from the bonfire the night before, Alice emerged from her room fully dressed in her running gear and ready to head out into the Maze for another day of work. Her, Minho and Ben were the only ones heading out today as they tried to give each other days off so that they would not become exhausted. Alice jogged over to the kitchen to get everything that Frypan would have made for them to take out with them the night before, she attached her water bottle to her running harness along with her rations.

As Minho and Ben were taking their time, honestly men, Alice was snooping around the kitchen to see what else she could eat in the meantime and she managed to slip a few pieces of dried fruit in her mouth. There was a cough behind her, and she turned to see a grinning Minho and Ben, Alice grinned her sheepish grin, "mornin' guys."

"Class, Alice." Minho rolled his eyes while he strapped his stuff to his harness, then dragged the girl out of the kitchen by her wrists. Alice put her head back to be dramatic and to pull against Minho's grip playfully, eventually he let her go and the three of them jogged out into The Maze.

Another day as usual.

- - - - - - - -

Alice and her huge mouth. She jinxed the normal day, of course.

"Shit!" Alice screamed out to Minho, "where did Ben go?"

Minho skidded to a stop the moment that he processed what Alice had said and he whipped around to face Alice, the space behind her where Ben was once running was empty, "he was right behind us on the last turn! How did we lose him?"

"I don't know! One second he's there the next he's gone!" Alice replied, a strain of panic was working its way into her voice. Minho directed for the two of them to head down the way that they came to see if Ben had maybe fallen down or knocked himself out? That's what she was repeating to herself over and over, she was scared that it was like what happened to her and that they'd never find out what happened to Ben. She was close to Ben and didn't want to lose him too.

They searched every corridor, every side passage that had been on their route and they turned up empty handed. The two of them were getting seriously worried now, Ben would not have wandered so far from them and one of the rules was not to split off from the group without saying something.

Hours later, stressed out of their minds, they rationalised that Ben knew the Maze well enough that he may have gone back to the Glade. So, they ran back to the Glade and were shocked when a bunch of the boys ran up to them immediately.

"It's Ben!" Clint huffed at them, it sounded as though he had been running around a lot, "he's been stung."

Alice's heart sunk to the bottom of her stomach where it broke.