03:05 - HEALING AND JOURNEYS

"here's to the friends we lost! this place is for you, it's for all of us

"here's to the friends we lost! this place is for you, it's for all of us."

--

Alice was pissed and concerned when they found out Thomas had been shot in the stomach, his wound was much worse than Alice's as it had seemed to have hit a vital organ and knocked him out a hell of a lot quicker than the rest of them. Once they stabilised him and were headed back for the boat to take them to the Safe Haven, Alice finally let herself relax, she had nearly her whole family right here in this burg and they were completely free.

"Rest now, baby, you're exhausted." Newt said from above her while she was fighting to keep her eyes open, his hand was carding through her hair gently and was massaging at her scalp, (her shorter hair had been maintained as the length she arrived at W.C.K.D with, just below her shoulders.)

He had brought her head to rest in his lap and she was happy, where she was surrounded by her family. It only took a couple hours for them to arrive back at the base and there was a hell of a crowd waiting for them when they got back, to hear stories or to just check that everyone had made it back okay. Vince gave them the go ahead to take her straight to the boat as it had been completed while they were away and it was only waiting for them to get back, there were bunks spread about and a room for groups which Vince just knew one of them would be claimed by the Gladers, so he tried to keep it empty.

"Someone give me a hand getting through the ship!" Newt shouted to the group once the door was opened, Kat was the first to react and rushed forward to her friend.

The two of them took her straight to the area where they would be resting on the long trip to the Safe Haven, "what the hell happened?" Kat asked while Newt followed Kat's directions as they twisted around the large ship.

"Janson happened, she and Thomas will be alright though." Newt said while he placed Alice down on the bed next to the biggest window. Thomas came through the door a few minutes later and was placed on the bed right next to Alice's, the two of them instantly relaxed almost as though they could feel the presence of the other.

"I'll stay with her." Kat said while she sat down on the same bed as Alice, "you go collect all yours and her stuff so you can be glued to both their sides." Newt nodded once before he came out the way that he came. He quickly packed up all of his stuff and everything that he had saved for Alice in the time that she was missing, he thumbed over the jacket that she had given to him on one especially cold night in the Scorch that he was trembling. In thanks, he had pulled her closer and they shared what heat they could.

He arrived a few minutes later and placed their stuff down next to the bed, he knew that if they ever needed more clothes then there would be some either in the Safe Haven or elsewhere on the ship. Part of the missions were to collect as many supplies as they could for all of them, and from Newt had seen there was hundreds upon hundreds of however many supplies they could ever possibly need, and there was always the chance of returning to the mainland occasionally to get more things.