02:06 - THEY'VE FOUND US

"were you three just sitting on your asses?"

--

Alice lived in a half-way state with both the boys and the girls. She would spend some days with the boys and others with the boys. She spent years like that, becoming family with the eighty or so kids that she considered family.

So, it was obvious when both some boys and girls started to go missing. Alice knew she was going to be taken away soon from what she had overheard some guards saying, she was with the boys when it happened. Two guards stormed into the room and pulled Alice up from where she was sat with Thomas, Minho and Newt, she kicked and screamed but they quickly sedated her. The boys tried to fight back too but more guards came in and stopped them from following them – Thomas fought back so hard that he had to be sedated.

Newt bided his time and slipped out of the room unnoticed, he ran down the corridor to where he knew they would be getting her ready to head into the Maze. When he burst into the room where she was being kept, it was to a very afraid Alice.

"You're going to be alright." He reassured her while he gripped both of her hands in hers, he noticed that Alice's locket had been removed from around her neck and was resting on the side table. He picked it up, sealed it into a plastic bag and handed it to her, "Keep it safe, okay?"

"Okay." Alice whispered as she shoved it down her top and let her teers fall freely.

Newt kissed her on the cheek for a long moment, "you're going to be fine; Thomas will be watching over you and nothing bad will happen to you. There will be hell if something even tries to hurt you."

- - - - - - -

Alice's head hit the ground harshly and she groaned as she looked up at her surroundings, there were two other clouds of explosions in the camp and a lot of shouting. The ringing in her ears eventually stopped and she got to her unsteady feet, Harriet ran up to her and dragged her over to a section of the camp which held weapons, "Can you fight?" Harriet asked as she held out a rifle to her.

"I've got years of Right Arm training; I am going to be fine." Alice replied as she cocked the gun and followed Harriet over to where Vince was using the machine gun in a car.

She started shooting a lot of the soldiers when Minho, Newt and Fry ran over and were given weapons of their own, "were you three just sitting on your asses?" She asked jokingly before she lined up a shot and took yet another soldier out.

There was no more time for banter as they were getting swarmed by soldiers left and right, there was way too many of them and they were being overwhelmed. "I'm out!" Alice shouted before she put her rifle down, she was reaching for a handgun when a grenade was thrown into the car and it shocked all of them to the ground.

Alice groaned as she went down to the floor again, it wasn't long before soldiers walked over to them and picked them up. The shock had started to wear off by that point and Alice put up a hell of a fight before she was kicked in the gut to make her go quietly.