02:03 - FRIENDS OR FOES

"what? get struck by lightning? i'll try not to

"what? get struck by lightning? i'll try not to."

--

The Right Arm were a very practical army, by the time that Tulip was nine she was already quite a fearsome fighter and knew how to use her small stature in her favour against the Cranks. They always encountered the Cranks more often than they would like to, but they had to keep moving in order to stay alive, sometimes Tulip struggled to remember why she was doing this. The thought of Stephen out there in the clutches of W.C.K.D made her very upset, the only thing she had left of her brother was the locket around her neck.

Mary, her father and her stuck together at every opportunity that they could. Even during fighting off the Cranks at one base or another they always stuck close, apart from one time that their father was separated from them. Unbeknownst to the girls, he had become infected.

The morning after the battle, their father had vanished and left only a note explaining that he had become infected and didn't want them to see him like that.

All she had left was Mary when she was nine, but then she lost her too at age eleven. The Flare had taken her father and then it claimed Mary too, she had become infected but refused to believe that she wasn't immune, so she hid it from everyone until it boiled over to a breaking point and she attacked Tulip with a knife, giving her the scar that went over her face. After the Right Arm gave Mary a merciful ending they were upset themselves as she was only fourteen. Tulip found herself completely alone, no idea where her mother was and only distant memories of Stephen.

The leader of the Right Arm felt bad for the girl and he took her under his wing, his name was Vince, and she was practically his daughter and he treated her as such.

- - - - - - -

Eventually, they had managed to get some sleep even if it wasn't very good. Alice had been curled up to Newt all night while they tried not to make any noise. In the morning, they decided to move on and came across the picture of what could be called an abandoned city. It was an incredible sight.

"Wonder what happened here." Frypan thought out loud while he looked at the destroyed roads and abandoned cars.

Alice piped up from where she was stood next to him, "maybe I'll let you know when I remember." The group chuckled until Thomas stopped them, he had heard something, and he was correct when a berg and several helicopters flew over their heads from where they were hidden underneath the rubble. They had trekked up a sand ridge before suddenly Winston passed out and fell forward and down the slope slightly, his infection was getting worse.

They had to stop as Winston was so bad after carrying him a fair distance in a stretcher that they had designed for him, the sandstorm definitely was not helping their progress and they took shelter in the remains of some sort of bridge. They were all pouring sand out of all of their clothes, the heat was intense enough that they had to shed all their night layers into their bags.