03:02 - THE LAST CITY

"tulip, help me"

"tulip, help me"

--

The distance between the Right Arm's base and the Last City was at least five hundred miles, it would take them a while to get there due to the lack of roads and general rubble. Given that they left late in the night, in the best possible scenario they should be able to reach the city in the mid-afternoon again.

As Alice was so exhausted from everything that had happened, she fell asleep the moment that the sun rose over the mountains as then she knew she wouldn't have to shoot any more Cranks that could have wandered into their path. She slept for a good few hours before she was awoken by the car coming to a halt, she wretched her eyes open to see that a bridge had collapsed into the road and was blocking their way.

"Aw man, I can't drive over this." Fry complained while he put the car into park while he stared at the rubble unhappily. Thomas and Newt got out of the car and Alice decided to get out of the car and use her open window to launch herself onto the roof.

Alice shielded her eyes from the sun while she looked at the surrounding area, "we have to go over, any other route we could take is in a similar position to this one." This seemed to be the only route that wasn't completely blocked by something that had collapsed at some point. Alice sighed as she inspected the bridge, "I could get us over it."

The boys all looked up at her with incredulous looks on their faces, they didn't even know if Alice was able to drive, let alone get them over something that even Frypan was defeated by. "Do you even know how to drive?" Thomas questioned while he put his hands on his hips, "you've not exactly had training with all of us considering you were locked up by W.C.K.D"

"Boys." Alice started as she moved from the roof to sit on the bonnet of the car instead, "a little faith in me will never go amiss." Frypan laughed a little as he leant next to her legs, signaling with his body that he was with Alice on this one.

Thomas sighed and moved to get back into the car, Newt grinned at Alice and moved past her, pulling on her ankle as he passed to pull her off the bonnet, and he got back into the car. Frypan moved to the passenger seat while Alice sat herself down into the driver's seat, the two of them swapped their bags over and Fry handed her the rifle too (it was the one she used before she was taken by W.C.K.D)

Alice put the car into gear and drove along the rubble until she found a piece that she would be able to drive up easily and gain enough speed. She reversed the car up a fair distance before she set up to speed over the rubble.

Newt spoke up once he realised what Alice was getting ready to do, "please tell me that you're not going to fly us over the rubble." Alice's answer came in an act of moving the cars up the gears, so it went faster and faster, she told them to hold on.

Luckily, Alice had created enough speed that the car flew over the remaining rubble and the car bounced a couple of times as Alice slowed it down, "any doubt left that I can still drive?"