Chapter 47

-Later that Day-

~Natalie's POV~

"Nice call on a last minute Valentine's day party Nat, decorations are killer. I've taught you well." Christina tells me, making one of my heart antennas bounce as she holds her two month old babygirl close, and I furrow my eyebrows. "Thank you Chrissy but, Who told you it was last minute?" I ask, and she turns and points, straight at my auburn-headed bestfriend. I kiss Alicia's cheek, before excusing myself and heading over to him. Right now, he's chopping it up with his boys, with a drink in hand, the group including my brothers and husband. I squeeze in-between my brother's and also Eric, going right up to him, and grabbing him by his ear like he was my son.

All his boys start 'oooing', especially my husband, "Ow. Ow. Ow. I'm sorrrryy, whatever it is." He whines and I let go of him once I feel like we're far enough for everyone, "Snitch. Tobias and I just barely thought about throwing a party for today and you tell Chris, the most honest mouth in this room, that it was last minute?" I ask, and he starts laughing. "I sure did." He says, sipping his drink without taking his eyes off me. I quirk, remembering Vanessa tell me she prohibited him from drinking. "That better be non-alcoholic or I'm telling." I say, and he rolls his eyes. "Vanessa let me." He says, I see his eyes resemble of which the night before I became Alpha. He nods, "It was one of her gifts to me today. It's honestly just like how my brother put up that picture of us and the kids, like you told me. She trusts me again." He explains, and I smile wide.

"Aww, I'm so glad Zander. What'd you get her though?" I say and ask, and he does his 'ehh' face. "More like, what I gave up for her. You know the studio I'm having installed?" He asks, and I nod. "Yeah, that was the rep den." He tells me, and I gasp. "What about your scaly babies?" I ask, and he shakes his head. "Don't worry, luckily, my mom's boyfr- or, your uncle I mean, took a fancy to just about all of them. Not to mention, he's been taking care of them ever since he started making my mom happy. Honestly though, I'm saving my best gift for last." He says, and I recognize the cocky look on his face.

"Please don't tell me it's sex." I immediately say, remembering how Vanessa expressed that's the last thing she wants today. Literally, the last thing she wants, today. Have a romantic day full of lovely gifts, and then end it out with a bang, she said. He widens his eyes for a split second, "No uh, of course not." - "You mean not anymore, right?" I instantly ask, making him facepalm. "Okay fine, you caught me." He says, pulling me even further away, given Vanessa started traveling to the kitchen with Jane.

"I was going to do something corny as shit but, then she hit me with letting me drink again. How the fuck am I suppose to top that?" He tells me, and being the passionate female that I am, it comes to me, just like that. "Zander, you put me on a pedestal higher than hers for years." I say, grabbing his full attention. "You didn't even speak to me, and yet, just like that, you fell in love with the thought of being in love with me." I pause, more or less thinking out loud, "She knows that, and the fact you two were bestfriend's for years and it took said years for you to fall in love with her, probably has her thinking I'll always mean something to you romantically." I come out with, and he sets down his drink, probably realizing that himself, "And as another woman, just that fact she's letting you drink again, tells me she's trusting you to back up every denial of loving me. You need a big gesture Zander." I tell him, and he rubs his face, sighing. He nearly gets on his knees, "Please tell me somethings brewing in that oh so creative and lovely head of yours?" He asks, obviously desperate. I start thinking and eventually start smirking, and he falls relieved.

"I know that smile. You already got it, don't you? It better not involved me singing." He says and asks, and I shrug taking his arm, "Won't know unless you find out." I say, but he resists. "Wait." He says, pulling me back. "What? What's wrong?" I ask, and he shakes his head. "Nothing anymore, which is why I wanna do this now." He says, and I quirk. "Close your eyes." He tells me, "But-" - "Close your eyes Natalie." He tells me again, with a smile this time, and I squint at him suspiciously before closing them all the way.