Chapter 42

-The Next Day-

-January 8th, Monday-

~Natalie's POV~

Twice. Which means two days. That's how long until Leon brings his pack to both the Rowan's front door and ours. I wasn't completely sure of this until Mason slid a letter in our mail slot this morning, telling me just that. Well, now it's less than two day, and it's more like tomorrow morning. I sigh, and pinch the bridge of my nose. I look behind me, watching Irene, the same nurse that helped with just about every pregnancy of mine, help Natasha walk around the living room. She's just about as big as I was when I was pregnant with Violet and my triplets, and at the moment, we're trying to induce labor.

If Leon and his pack are going to attack, it might as well be with Natasha able to protect Natalia along with us, rather than just us protecting them. "Any progress Irene?" I ask, and she looks at me and nods her head, "Just a little bit, Nat. Just about to head upstairs to do another cervical check." She tells me, and I nod back, picking up the rest of the stack of mail I neglected after finding Mason's letter. I go for the big orange official looking envelope first, and I see it's from the hub, more specifically, the cities brand new bank. I tear it open, already knowing what it was, and I take out neat wads of cash. And I admire the olive green big ones, and I realized we have way more than a wad of each bill.

"H-Holy shit." I mutter, just as my husband walks into the kitchen. He sees the money, "Oh my God." He says, coming towards me instead of the kitchen. I flip through one of the wad of fifties, and he picks one of the wad of hundreds. "This can't be right, I mean, why did we get so much?" I say and ask, seeing a white edge poking out of the orange envelope. I grab and slip it out, realizing it's a letter.

A letter from . . . The other four faction leaders? I rip it open, and unfold the crisp piece of printer paper. "Dear Natalie Eaton, you're probably wondering why there's so much more money in your envelope than we had initially discussed." I start, as my husband, and now my eldest son listen in. "And the reason for that would be because of the meeting where you made very clear why the fifty-dollar-bill should represent Dauntless." I continue, smirking a bit as I realize who's hand writing this is, gathering more of an audience. Irene helps Natasha downstairs, and they slowly join the forming crowd around me.

"You made us realize just how right you were. If it weren't for Tobias creating the same decree you beautifully executed, us five wouldn't be where we all are now. You two started this new city. You two made an amazing, real, and very visible difference." I go on, having my smile grow wider and wider, as well as my husbands smile. "And so, us four leaders decided to not only chip in when it came to making your envelope heavier and making sure Dauntless was dead center on the hundreds but," I pause, "we also added a little something on the fifties before they begun printing. Much love, sincerely, Johanna, Andrew, Jacob, and Caleb." I finish, or, almost finish. "P.s. Johanna chipped in the most, Andrew came up with making Dauntless centered, Jacob thought of the little something, and I wrote this, since nobody else enjoys writing as I do." I say, squinting towards the bottom, "and in parentheses, Caleb put 'just kidding, everyone else's handwriting sucks.'" I read aloud, making everyone laugh, especially me. I smile, seeing how big Dauntless is on the hundreds in my husband's hand. I look down at the fifties in mine, scanning for this 'little something'.

I gasp when I spot it. "What is it?" Tobias asks, and I point it out. It's . . . Our faces. Both his and mine. He gasps as well, taking the wad for a better look.

Our faces, are, and will forever be on the fifty dollar bill. "Our faces are on the fifty dollar bill . . ." He says in disbelief, looking towards me as our son takes the wad to see too, and everyone crowds him as I jump up and basically tackle my husband. "Our faces our on the fifty dollar bill!!" I celebrate, and he spins me around, as everyone cheers. Suddenly, the doorbell rings repeatedly. I hear and see my son smell the air, cringing a bit, "It's just Mason." He says, but I stop him from answering the door, just in case.