Chapter 26

~The Next Morning~

~August 7th, Sunday~

~Tobias' POV~

I wake up to the sound of my princess crying her head off. I lift up off my snoring wife a bit, and kiss her cheek before heading on upstairs with a bottle of her mother's breast milk. I head into my kids room, and I pick her up. She calms down instantly as I bounce her, and give her the bottle. I sit down in the same rocking chair I feed my eldest in, and I admire my princess.

I look over at my kids, still sound asleep. Once upon a time ago, there were three crying babies in this house so, I'm not surprised they can sleep through their sister crying. Just then, the door creeks open, and in peeks someone I didn't expect. Red hair, and hazel eyes. Evangeline. I smile at how adorable she looked with her messy auburn hair, and her pink lion blanket.

"Come here sleepyhead." I tell her, patting my knee, and she comes in and crawls up onto my lap. "Can I hold da boddle uncle Toby?" She asks, "Of course you can babygirl." I tell her, and I move my hand so she can hold it for her sister. I admire my niece, and I happen to hear a familiar 'hmph' from outside the door, and I know exactly who it was, and why it was made. Nevaeh. She must've been in the bathroom.

I call her babygirl, and I just called my niece that. My niece hops off my lap, and I get up and put my princess in her crib with her bottle. She needs to learn how to hold it anyways so, I put her hands on it, and she gets the hang of it. I have my niece watch her, and I tell her that if the bottle drops, to put it back in her mouth gently. I head out and I find my babygirl crying in my bedroom, on my side of the bed.

"Awww, Vaeh." I say, and she 'hmph's' me. "No, go away." She tells me, and she sounds like her mother. "No, I'm not going anywhere until you tell me why you're crying." I tell her, and she sniffles, and looks at me like I ripped apart her favorite stuffed animal. "You called my sister babygirl. You call me babygirl." She tells me, and she breaks my heart. "I know. And I'm sorry Nevaeh. It's just, daddy hasn't actually have a sweet little nickname for Eva. See, you're my baby girl right?" I ask her, and she nods with a little smile, "And your brand new baby sister is my princess right?" I ask, and she nods, "But Eva, see I'm struggling to find the right name for her. So I used yours. But I promise you, it'll never happen again. Because guess what?" I ask, and she raises her eyebrows at me, "Your gonna help me come up with my little name for her, okay?" I ask her, and she nods excitedly and starts thinking right away.

"How abouuut," She says, "Hazel? Since she has hazel eyes just like mommy does." She suggests, and I love it. "I wove it!" The beauty herself comes bursting in here saying, "Tank you sissy!" She tells her sister. "Oh and mommies awake uncle Toby, Rosie started fussing and mommy cwame in." She tells me, and I boop her little button nose before getting up and heading down the hall. And that's when I hear her,

"

♪  Baby mine, don't you cry. . .
Baby mine, dry your eyes. . .
Rest your head close to my heart
Never to part, baby of mine.

Little one when you play. . .
Don't pay mine what they say. . .
Let those eyes sparkle and shine
Never a tear, baby of mine.

From your head to your toes..
Your so sweet, goodness knows..
But your so precious to me,
Sweet as can be, baby of mine. ♪

"

I listen to her sing to our daughter, and her soft voice warms my heart. But unfortunately, I'm reminded of the last time I sung that song.