53

-April 1st, Tuesday-

~Natasha's POV~

"You're the one who wanted this to happen! And now you're mad?!" I yell at him, and he laugh-scoffs. "The point of this separation is to see if we want to be with other people, not sleep with other people! We are this fucking close to figuring out how to defy vampirism and turn you back into a human and you pull this shit?! Y'know what?" he pauses, grabbing his jacket, "Two can play this game." He says, heading for our apartment door. I whoosh in front of him, "And where exactly do you think you're going?? We're not done talking." - "Yes, we are! I come over here trying to talk to talk to you, and there's clear fucking evidence of you fucking another guy! My mother just rose from the dead after a year so, I definitely don't need any of this shit." He says, and I gasp, not knowing anything about that. He obviously relishes in my shocked face, "But uh, what better way to show you I understand by doing the same? I wonder what Beatrice is up to." He questions and says, and I grow afraid.

I feel the veins around my eyes moving involuntarily. "You leave this apartment Tobias, it's over." I pull on him, and he squints at me, breathing heavily. "Over?" He laughs, scaring me a bit, "Little do you know, I never even wanted it to begin Natasha." He says, breaking my heart.
And the only reason he leaves this apartment, is because I let him. I-I . . . I   was right.

I didn't sleep with anyone. I bought a pack of men's underwear that I know he doesn't wear and left a pair in our bathroom. I just gave him a chance to show me how he really feels. And his actions, were even more deafening than his words. I know he thinks I cheated first but, I've always had a feeling she's been more than just his bestfriend to him. If it wasn't going to be today, I just know that one day, he'd leave me for her.

She's everything I'm not. She has non-creepy bestfriend history with him, I have weird I-watched-you-as-a-kid history with him. Her heart beats, mine doesn't. Her skins warm, mines ice cold. She's a meta, and I'm a vampire.

I fall to my knees, and thus sit on my calf's, defeated. I fucking knew it! He resents me. He resents me for what I did. I entrapped him with a child, thinking I'd at least get something from him to cherish and keep.

And look at me now, being left behind with said child for a blonde water-bending bimbo. I remember back to our days in class, before his little crush on me started, and I'd always look back to see them either talking or messing around. And the smile, she'd manage to put on his face, didn't and still doesn't measure up to the way I make him smile. H-He's . . . He's in love with her. I just know it.

Or . . . do I? I remember back to when I was pregnant, and I remember the day his mother was whispering to her husband excitedly, causing Junior to gasp. She was talking about our daughter, being the flower girl at our wedding. I-Is that . . . Is that still going to happen?

Even after all of this?

~Tobias Jr's POV~

"Are you home alone right now?" I question her, with my phone to my ear. "I am actually, why? What's wrong Toby?" She answers, and I walk up to her door. "Come open your door." I tell her, and as per usual she hangs up, probably getting worried, thinking I'm here to talk and cry about everything wrong with my life. Seconds later, I hear her unlock the door, and the moment I see her, I pull her close, and I kiss her. Absolutely no hesitation.

And it felt amazing, given she immediately matched my energy. No thought. No questions. And that's exactly how I know this female has had feelings for me since day one. Like I have for her. Before I even met Natasha, I was curious about her. Curious of what it would be like to be with her. And a part of me will always regret the day I decided to pursue Natasha Rowan. Bea even warned me.