A New Co-Worker

1st POV

It was now the day after I had gone to meet my new neighbor. It was now 6:00am on a Monday morning. My alarm had just gone off, letting me know that it was time for me to get ready for work. I had worked at a small cafe in town for about a year now.

I got out of bed and got dressed in my work uniform. I had also styled my h/c hair my favorite way. I then went downstairs to my kitchen to get some breakfast.

I decided to have [Food of Choice] for breakfast, it was very delicious. After I finished that, I put my dishes into the sink for me to wash later when I would arrive home from work. I then headed off to the small cafe that I worked at.

——————————————————————————

I had walked to work since it was only a small distance away from my house, since I lived close to town. As I got to work it didn't seem busy that much, which it usually wasn't at this time. Since it was 7:00 am after all. It usually got more packed between 8:00 and 10:00 am than it did any of the other hours.

But people would still come to the cafe later, especially teenagers and their friends after school or in between their breaks. I walked back to say hello to my boss named Makenzie. I was one of the only workers that could call her Makenzie because we knew each other very well, as everyone else had to call her Miss Thompson or ma'am.

As I walked down to the door at the end of the hall, I noticed another voice coming from the room. It was a male's voice. I was at first unsure of who it was, but as I reached her office I realized who it was.

It was my new neighbor. What was his name again? ... Oh! That's right it's Levi Ackerman I think.

"Oh hello y/n!" Makenzie said. "Hello good morning Makenzie" I said. " Good Morning" she replied. " Would you do me a favor if you don't mind y/n?" She asked. "Of course!" I said. "Okay then, can you show Mr. Ackerman around the cafe?" She asked. "Sure!" I replied with. "Oh wait one more question!" She said. "Yes?" I asked. "He will be the new employee and I was wondering since you're so great at this job, can you train him for this job?" She asked. " Of course, no problem at all" I said.

So the day started and I had said yes to training Levi. I was unsure whether I should call him Levi or Mr.Ackerman though. So I just decided to call him Mr.Ackerman unless he would tell me otherwise. Makenzie usually calls all the new employees by their last names until she learns their first names anyways. She called me Miss l/n for almost half of the year because she at one time had too many workers, and wouldn't remember all of our first names.

First, I went into the back where the small kitchen was. Mr.Ackerman had followed me back to the kitchen of the cafe. But, I must admit that he looks pretty good in his work uniform. But, he dressed so formal for work at such a small cafe. I wondered why?

After I was done with a few of my thoughts, I then proceeded to train Mr. Ackerman for the job. There were a few parts to the job, which everyone did a little bit of everything. So in all there was quite a bit he had to learn.

I had started off with seeing how he would make the tea and coffee, so I could analyze how much he already knew about the basics. I was very surprised, he did an excellent job at making the tea and coffee. It was very delicious too.

Next, I had to teach him to make a few pastries that he didn't know how to make. But, luckily he learned fast, unlike some other people I had to train before that took forever because they kept burning the pastries.

Eventually, I had showed him around the entire cafe, and told him how things were run around here. He didn't really say much except for the end. Once it was all finished he said a simple "Thank you." It took only about an hour and a half to do so since he was a fast learner. So I still had to work for a few hours.

I must admit, I was impressed by his skills and how quick he learned. After he started to serve customers and stuff like that, I reported back to Makenzie. I had told her about the progress and that I had finished showing him around and showing him the basics that he needs to know. She said she was impressed by how quick he caught on. I told her about his tea and coffee making skills. She was impressed .

After that, I sat down and talked with Makenzie for a little bit, which it was my break and she wasn't busy that much. I told her about Mr.Ackerman being my new neighbor. I also told her that he had just moved into the neighborhood yesterday.

Soon after talking to Makenzie, I headed back to work in the kitchen of the cafe. Levi was now making pastries and trying to take orders, since we were short a few people because they didn't like the job much. But, I loved the job, so it was only me and Mr.Ackerman in the kitchen. There was another employee, but he was on his lunch break.

I noticed a large line of customers, since it was in between 8 and 9 am I ran over to the cash register to take orders. " Oh my gosh! I am so sorry Mr.Ackerman! If I would have known that [random name] was going on lunch break so early, I would have been back in here way sooner! I'm so sorry!"

He just said that it was okay. After that we worked to serve all of the people in the line. It was a little bit hard, since there were only two of us in the kitchen, but we managed. Turns out we make a good team when it comes to work.

Later, around 3:00 pm my shift was finally starting to end. Usually on Friday's I would work a few extra hours, but since it was a Monday my shift ends at 3. So after that, I got my stuff ready to leave and headed back home.

So, I hope you guys liked this chapter. I am also taking suggestions for the next chapter because right now I don't really know what I'm gonna do for the next chapter, but anyways that should hopefully be written and updated by next week. But anyways, hope you guys enjoyed and thank you for reading!