Chapter Four

Gravity
Chapter Four
___________________________________

Eli walked out of the bathroom and was ready for the day ahead. She felt better than she did the day prior, though she now had painful bruises covering her back. She quietly walked down the hallway but paused when she heard an unfamiliar voice speaking.

She didn't realize anyone was home– though she didn't bother to check after she woke up and immediately went to shower. However, she didn't expect anyone to be there after being alone every day for the past week.

"I know you're upset but you can't let him talk to her. You can't keep her away from him forever." The voice said. They sounded irritated– they were no doubt talking to her often irritating brother. "How would you feel if Jacob did that with Rachel? Huh? It wouldn't feel very nice. You'd feel like you were dying."

"I'm not keeping her away from him if she doesn't even know him." Paul rolled his eyes.

"No, you're keeping him away from his imprint. That's worse." The voice sighed heavily. "She's gonna feel it soon, too. She's gonna notice that something's missing and it's gonna slowly eat away at her for what that missing thing is."

"She'll be fine for now." Paul waved his best friend off. He knew that every word his friend spoke was nothing but the truth, but he was too stubborn to admit it. "I want to make sure she's okay before–"

"Before what?" Eli interrupted, continuing to make her way into the kitchen. She grew tired of eavesdropping on their conversation and wanted to make her coffee already.

Both her brother and his best friend jerked their heads up in her direction; they didn't hear her walking down the hallway. Which was very odd considering they both had a supernatural hearing.

"Who are we gossiping about?" Eli asked casually, pulling the coffee tin from beside the coffee maker and pulling it open. She frowned when she noticed that there was nothing in the can.

"No one." Her brother answered, clearing his throat. "You seem better today." He pointed out, changing the subject.

"Yep." She nodded, pulling open the refrigerator door and pulling out a can of Diet Coke. That would have to replace her coffee for the day. She turned towards the two boys and looked directly at the nameless person. She recognized him from yesterday. "Who are you?" She asked, opening the soda and taking a sip.

"I'm Jared." The male smiled brightly.

"And you're dating that Kim girl from yesterday. Yeah?" Eli squinted her eyes at him. She remembered him wrapping his arm around her and her looking up at him lovingly. . . before she went off on her brother that is.

"I am!" Jared nodded excitedly. "How did you know?" He asked curiously. Kim had only mentioned them complimenting each other's outfits and exchanging names. She always told him everything because she loved to talk. . sometimes a little too much.

"Wasn't hard to figure out," Eli replied with a shrug. She went to take another sip from the soda before it was pulled from her hands and replaced with a bottle of water. She looked down at it with a frown.

"That's not breakfast. And you should be drinking water instead." Paul told her sternly, placing the soda can on the kitchen table. "We don't need a repeat of yesterday."

Gravity | Embry. Call. |On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara