Chapter Thirteen

Gravity
Chapter Thirteen
___________________________________

"I don't understand what the big deal is." Eli grumbled in annoyance as her fingers harshly scrubbed the sweat off of her body, leaving behind scratch marks on her tan skin.

Embry passed out two hours after she had woken up, leaving her alone with her hectic thoughts. She did a lot of thinking and, for once, they weren't necessarily that bad of thoughts. She watched the boy sleep until Sue arrived around seven-thirty in the morning. Eli was finally allowed to shower, but unfortunately Sue was supervising her by standing outside the bathroom door.

Eli took her time in the shower– she wanted the wash the day prior away for good. Though she was quick to dry herself off and pull on her clothes. She wore baggy gray sweatpants and a fitted black shirt. She ran her fingers through her hair before scrunching it up, encouraging her naturally wavy hair to dry that way.

When Eli pulled open the bathroom door she was met with Sue standing in the hallway while speaking to her eldest child. The two paused their conversation and turned their attention onto the girl. She looked better than she did yesterday. For once, she didn't have bags lining underneath her eyes and her brown eyes held a shine to them.

"Feel better?" Sue gave a smile.

"Much better." Eli gave a nod, her gaze falling onto the tall woman besides Sue. Leah looked different than she remembered. She was taller and had a body that any girl would be jealous of. She looked the same but also like a completely different person at the same time. "Embry told me that you helped calm my dad down yesterday. Thank you."

"It's nothing." Leah waved her off and started making her way down the hallway. She didn't want to get entangled in the situation involving the girl any more than she already had to be. The girl was starting to cause issues and Leah was growing annoyed from it. On one hand, she wouldn't mind having a female pack member join. On the other hand however, she would rather prefer it not to be Elizabeth Lahote, little sister to Paul Lahote.

Unlike everyone else, she didn't want her to phase.

"She's being modest." Sue chuckled and pushed herself away from the wall she had been leaning on. "Alex and Paul are awake now. I think they'd like to talk to you about what happened yesterday."

Eli groaned dramatically and trudged down the hallway. Sue chuckled at her dramatics and followed after her. She was surprised to see that Eli was up and around already. Though, nobody knew what to expect from Eli anymore. She had a habit of being ill one day and then appearing fine the next.

"I refuse to speak about yesterday because, well, I don't want to." She started when she walked into the living room, holding her hand up to stop them from speaking. "Plus I already told Embry everything I remembered so ask him if you must know."

"I'm not asking that idiot anything." Paul rolled his eyes and pushed himself up from the couch, going to stand in front of her. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel fine." She rolled her eyes and sent a shove on his arm when she realized what he had called her friend. "Don't be mean! I bet he's way smarter than you."

"You wish he was." He gave a small smirk, glad to see that she was obviously feeling better. He could no longer smell the pain and fear that radiated from her.

Alex appeared beside his children and before Eli knew it, she was being pulled into an embrace. She wrapped her arms around her fathers waist and rested her head against his chest.