Chapter Seventeen

Gravity
Chapter Seventeen
___________________________________

Eli swung back and forth on the porch swing as she waited outside patiently. Paul was currently speaking with Alex, Billy Black, Sue Clearwater, and Sam Uley inside their house. Eli was hiding before they even showed up, not wanting to be around when they rejected her want to visit Tacoma for a day. She had snuck outside as they spoke in the kitchen, not wanting to hear how the conversation would go, and occupied herself by counting the tiles on the ground that lead to the porch steps.

Eli wasn't very confident about her brothers ability to convince the adults to let them go to Tacoma, but she would rather he did it than her. She knew that they would reject her on the spot. She couldn't hear any of the conversations going on inside, but she took not hearing any shouting as a good sign.

Her head snapped towards the back door when her brother walked out, his face completely blank of any emotion. She pushed herself up from the swing and walked towards him as he closed the door behind himself.

"What'd they say?" She asked immediately, impatient when he didn't say anything after he shut the door.

"Well..." He started, scratching the back of his neck.

"Great." She huffed, falling back down onto her seat and crossing her arms. She knew that they would say no, even though she was clearly fine now. She didn't understand why everyone was telling her no when it should have only been her father's decision to make for her. "Of course they said no."

"Wait a second, let me talk." Paul held his hand up. "They have a few demands for us."

"Which are..?"

"We're back before midnight and don't stay longer than four hours. We stay away from any potentially angering topics, meaning if we both get even slightly upset, we remove ourselves from the situation." He told her the rules that his alpha had made for the both of them.

"That's not too bad." She gave a nod, excitement bubbling inside of her. "I can still stop by the coffee shop and art supply store though, right?" She asked, hopeful.

"Yeah." Paul chuckled, a smirk forming onto his lips. Seeing her excited for once actually brought some form of happiness to him. It felt good to do good for once. "I think this is the part where you thank me."

"Thank you, Paul." She rolled her eyes, though a smile still over took her features. "When can we leave?" She questioned.

"Sunday." He answered. "Dads been making me talk to mom so I already know when she's off work. I'm sure she won't mind us just showing up with little notice."

"Okay." She pushed herself up from the swing and walked towards the door, pushing it open. "That's only two days away." She said while walking back into the house.

Paul followed her inside, watching as she rushed down the hallway and into her bedroom. He glanced towards the kitchen and rolled his eyes when he saw everyone was already staring at him. They weren't exactly happy about him telling Eli that he would ask them of that, especially when he knew the reason for why they told her no in the first place.

"Listen, everything will go fine." He told them, sending them a dashing and reassuring smile, that only earned him eye rolls and scoffs.

"You'll call if anything out of the ordinary happens, right?" Sue raised an eyebrow, looking at the boy with a stern expression.

"Of course." Paul gave a nod. "I won't let anything bad happen. Promise."

☾ ☼ ☽