Chapter Nine

Gravity
Chapter Nine
___________________________________

       Eli was rudely awoken to screaming coming from downstairs. The body that had been lying beside her for the past few hours was no longer present, leaving the spot beside her cold. Hearing something smash in the kitchen is when she quickly pushed herself up from the bed and quickly made her way down the stairs.

"Paul calm down!" Jared shouted. He was unfortunately the only other pack member, and person, in the house besides Paul and Embry. He had the pleasure to attempt to calm the two angry shapeshifters down.

"Don't you ever go anywhere near my sister again!" Paul seethed, his body shaking rapidly. He was dangerously close to phasing in the middle of the kitchen.

"She's my imprint, Paul! You have no say in that. She does. You're acting like I did something bad." Embry was much calmer than Paul was, though his body still shook slightly. He knew that Paul was overprotective but he didn't understand why this was such a big deal.

"You were in the same fucking bed as her!" Paul snarled.

"I was sleeping!" Embry shouted back. "She wouldn't sleep! It was the only thing I could do to calm her down enough to sleep."

"I don't care what you were doing! If I ever catch you in the same bed as her again I will rip your throat out with my tee–"

Hearing enough of the conversation, Eli walked out from behind the wall and stared at the three boys in bewilderment. "What are you screaming about?" She asked, her voice stern and high in pitch.

Heads snapped in the direction of the young girl and their argument paused immediately. Eli's gaze scanned the kitchen and she noticed the broken lamp scattered across the floor, no doubt her brother doing, and sighed heavily. She was going to be sure to replace that for Sam and Emily... from the money, she would steal from Paul's stash.

Paul threw the lamp at Embry when Jared pulled him away before he could punch him. Luckily the boy had dodged both attempts to harm him.

"Go back upstairs, Elizabeth," Paul ordered, his harsh gaze still locked onto Embry.

"Hell no." Eli scoffed. She stood still, not daring to go anywhere near her brother when he was this angry. She knew better. But she wouldn't let harm come to someone just because he was more than likely mad about something stupid. "You need to calm down before you do anything else stupid, Paul." She told her brother firmly. 

Paul's gaze shifted towards his baby sister. His shaking had subsided some but he could still feel his shoulders vibrating. She was right. Paul sent a warning glare in Embry's direction before he stormed out of the house, holding back the urge to lunge at the smaller male.

"Hothead," Eli muttered lowly. She pushed herself forward and walked towards the laundry room where she figured they kept the broom. "I would apologize for my brother but something tells me that you are all already used to his anger issues." She said while walking back out with the broom and dustpan in her hands.

"More than used to it." Jared scoffed, leaning against the island. He was tired after patrolling all night and day– and then night and day again. However, he was happy that nobody had phased in the house during an argument this time while Sam wasn't here to defuse the situation. Both Emily and Sam would not be happy if that happened again.