Chapter Twenty Five

Gravity
Chapter Twenty Five

___________________________________

Eli was curled up on the small two seater sofa with her head half resting on Seth's leg. The two teenagers eyes were locked onto the television screen as an old show played, though neither of them were paying much attention to it. They were both anxiously awaiting for the return of the other pack members– who were all trying to stop a very angry shapeshifter from hunting down a very dangerous vampire. Eli had tried to follow after them but Sam made her stay behind to heal; meaning Seth was on Eli watch duty until they returned.

Paul didn't take the news very well– especially not when he saw his baby sister getting carried back with blood covering her. Again. Sam only got so far into explaining what had happened before Paul was shaking in anger. He had gotten pushed outside only two seconds before he would have phased in the kitchen. The porch steps didn't make it though.

Embry was hesitant to leave Eli alone but Sam made him; needing Embry there to explain to Paul what had happened himself when the hot-head decided that he was calm enough to listen. Embry was the only one who could explain clearly what Eli had told him, since apparently he was the only one who understood the mess inside her head better than anyone else could. Or... he tried to understand, at least.

The pack had been gone for nearing three hours. Eli was getting restless and slowly pushed herself up, holding her breath so that a painful groan wouldn't escape and worry Seth, who was nearly asleep. His eyes popped back open when she moved, the extra warmth that she provided him leaving.

"El–" He started before she interrupted him.

"I'm just getting some water." She rolled her eyes and went to stand up until he stopped her. "Seth, I'm okay now, I don't need your help. And I swear I'm not gonna sneak away again... I learned my lesson." She slapped his hand away and carefully stood up, walking into the kitchen. Seth followed after her and leaned against the countertop as he watched her fill a glass with water.

"How long are you staying here?" He questioned, referring to her staying in Embry's house. "Nobody has really talked about it and I don't want to ask. Paul and Embry get defensive when it comes to asking questions that involve you." He reveled, something she didn't know about.

"I'm not sure." She replied after she took a long sip of the cool water. "I guess until his mom comes back this next week?" She guessed, giving a small shrug. "I'm only staying here because it's currently the only place that doesn't have a non-supernatural being in it. It's safer for everyone not a shapeshifter to be away from me."

"I guess that makes sense." Seth nodded in understanding.

"It's annoying though because it started off with my dad and the imprints being away from me as I learned to control myself, but now... now it's for another reason. A much more dangerous reason." She continued, looking down at the water she swayed around in the glass. She cleared her throat and blinked hard, trying not to get emotional. "I miss my dad. I miss my mom... even though she hates me. She probably wants me out of her life completely now. I just want everything to go back to before it all got fucked up. Way, way before."

Seth frowned and pushed himself up from leaning on the counter. "Your mom doesn't hate you, Eli." He said, feeling guilty that nobody has told her the truth. He looked away when she sent him a look; he had two decisions to make here. Tell her the truth or avoid it like everyone else has been. He knew in his heart which one was the good thing to do. "She's been calling every few days, worried about you. Your dad has been giving her excuses but... she always calls for a check in."