Chapter Fourteen 

Gravity
Chapter Fourteen
___________________________________

            "Awinita." His voice was soft for once.

Eli glanced around the dark surroundings, the cold nipping at her trembling body harshly. She wrapped her arms tightly around herself as she coward back into the ground, her eyes squeezed shut.

"Fawn..." The man continued, his voice sounding solid and no longer like an echo. His hand, colder than the wind surrounding her, was placed onto her cheek, his finger gently creasing her tan skin.

"Leave me alone." Eli grumbled, squeezing her eyes tighter.

"You do not mean that." The man frowned, his head tilting to the side. "My love, you no longer have to push me away. I am near–"

"Leave me alone!" She screamed, pushing the cold mans hand away from her face. Her eyes shot open, meeting his blood red orbs.

His eyes narrowed and his hand roughly wrapped around her upper arm, pulling her closer to him. "You do not mean that," He repeated himself. "I am still here, Fawn, it's you who is keeping me here, my love." His voice was taunting.

"That's not true! I want you gone!" She growled, attempting to tug her arm away from him. "You annoying fuck!"

"Then why am I still here? Why am I able to be here every day, even when you are unaware of it." He smirked, his eyes flickering down her lips. "If you did not want me here, I would not be."

"You're lying!" She was seething, her skin boiling hot. She did nothing to stop the red that tinted her vision, letting the rage consume her completely. "You are not real! This is not real!"

"Oh dear, you are in denial." He chuckled. "Awinita, my love, you were always so stubborn."

"My name is Elizabeth!" She screamed, pushing at the males chest.

"Maybe now, but not then." He tightened his grip around her arm and leaned forward and whispered in her ear, his lips touching her warm skin. "I am coming, Awinita, and you will not expect it when I do. We both can be free."

Eli felt her body starting to tremble, no, this was more than a tremble, it was convulsing. An unusual, an unhuman, sound rumbling in the back of her throat. Soon a crunch echoed throughout the quiet forest and a scream passed her lips, the loud echos soon turning into a threatening snarl.

☾ ☼ ☽

Eli gasped loudly and pushed herself up from the couch. Her entire body tingling, an odd sensation she has never felt before to that extent. She reached her hand up and pushed her messy hair back, pushing it out of her face. She swung her legs from underneath the blanket and scooted back against the couch, trying to steady her heavy breathing.

It has been five days and Eli hasn't stepped foot in her bedroom without someone going with her. She has been sleeping on the couch, and has even snuck into her brothers bedroom to sleep in there twice when he stayed over at Rachel's. After hearing the voice, the voice that seemed so real, had scared her enough to not be in the place she felt the most comfortable.

Embry was the first person to notice her odd behavior. Both Alex and Paul hadn't even thought twice about why she was suddenly sleeping in the living room every night– they just assumed that she ended up falling asleep in there every night on accident.