Chapter 12: The long day & The blind date

The next morning Xavier reached over and the spot next to him was emptied and cold. Looking around quickly as he called out for Jessie but the whole house was cold and quiet. Going into the kitchen he saw a note on the coffee pot that was still warm with a note on it. Good morning handsome. I didn't have ethe heart to wake you. I wen tto work, so I have a feeling I'll be seeing you soon enough. Have a great day babe. Love you bunches. She sent with a smiley face sticking it's tongue out at home. Making him smile deeply. He went to hurry to get dressed in a rush to get his day started with the kiss and hug he couldn't have when he woke up. She wasn't getting off that easy he thought to himself. Grabbing his gym bag opening the door he bumped into someone he wasn't expecting.

"Woo. Ugh Good morning Dad" He caught himself before he said Cal. "You alright?" Cal said looking at Xavier as he knew he scared the hell out of him which left Call chuckling a bit. "Ya just wasn't expecting anyone I was actually on the way to the café, turns out your daughter snuck out on me this morning. You want to come join me for some sugary breakfast?" Xavier asked with a big smile. He really loved spending time with Cal he was just like one of the guys but with more of funny twist. "Ya, that sounds good. How did she sneak by your big ass? How hard do you sleep boy? Man there was some mornings she moved around like a bull in a glass shop." HE said chuckling. "I'll follow you there un just a second I just wanted to tell you something before I broke the news to Jessie." Cal said scratching the back of his neck.

"What's up there pop? You ok?" Xavier asked a little confused since when would he tell him anything over telling Jessie first as close as they are. "Ya I just I bought a shop that was up for sell her in town and I'm selling the one in town, but ugh I need her to sign some papers because I put everything I own and have in her name the day she graduated college about four almost five years ago because she's almost 27." "Well that sounds great she'll be so excited. Why didn't you tell her everything is in her name though?" Xaiver asked.

"Well see I was always nervous her mother would come after any of what I worked hard for if we ever got divorced; and seeing as how I told her last night I'm leaving and filing for divorce I feel pretty smart. Since we both have amazing lawyers this will go quick. I'm paying extra just for it to do exactly that." "You are divorcing Jessie's mom?" Xavier said with his mouth hung open. "Yup, I had enough with same toxic shit, taking a page out of my baby's book, and cutting out the toxic and starting some where new. I have this great feeling about you Xavier so when you guys start giving me grandbabies I want to be close to see them and be involved." Cal shrugged walking to his car.

"Well you getting ahead of me but that would be great we would love if you were closer. Love it even more now we don't have to worry about talking to Lily. I mean that with respect though really I do." "Awe hell Xav I know what a crazy uptight ass she is I can't stand talking to her anymore either." Cal said laughing. "Now I just got to tell Jessie and make her feel like it's not her fault, or get her worked up." Cal said looking down at the ground. "when you going to tell her?" "Well no time like the present I need these papers sign and she going to ask why, and she deserves to know so might as well get to it." HE said getting in the car and pulling out leaving Xavier getting in his truck still in shock just trying to get to his woman.

HE walked in to see his Noah and Axel sitting around not only his dad but Cal. "Eh man I ordered for you. It'll be out in a second they just going to bring it all together." Axel said still smiling. "Lexi already leave?" Ya, she got a box of random treats seems the owner Mr. Johnson coming in later to check some of the papers for a client that apparently is moving here." Axel added handing Xavier his sweet tea with a hint of peach. Xavier looked at Cal. "Would that have anything to do with you there dad?" "That's all because of me. My besties Gab here is also here turns our your mama has a friend in real estate, and their next door neighbor is moving so we going to meet his son we meet with him in about an hour." Cal said. Noah and Axel looked at everyone around the table a little confused.