ten

Klaus and Kayleigh were on the road again early the next morning. The night before, Kayleigh fell asleep asking the hybrid questions about his previous one thousand years on earth, it fascinated her. Klaus didn't mind answering the questions, no one ever cared enough to look past the monster he now was, and ask about his life.

Many hours later, the pair found themselves in Tennessee. 

"This is where your witch is?" Kayleigh asked, stepping out of the car after Klaus pulled into a bar. 

"What can I say, witches love their bars."

Walking inside, Kayleigh took in her surroundings, the bar seemed to be old and outdated. She and Klaus were the only ones inside, until a man who looked to be in his twenties came out. 

"Klaus, my man,"  the mystery man said, attempting to shake hands with Klaus, who just looked at his hand with slight disgust. "No? Okay. Now, what's a pretty little thing like you doing with a man like that? How'd be rope you into helping him?"

Kayleigh looked at Klaus and smiled as she saw his expression, he looked like he wanted to tear the mans face off. She turned her attention away from Klaus, "Actually, I'm pretty sure he got roped into helping me. I'm Kayleigh." 

"Xavier," he said, once again putting a hand out for someone to shake. Kayleigh went to shake his hand, but Klaus grabbed her hand and held it in his own before she could shake the witch's hand. 

"Let us skip the simple pleasantries. We require your assistance." Klaus practically growled.

 Xavier looked frightened for a moment, "What can I do for you."

"I need you to take a look at Kayleigh, tell me what power she holds, and where it came from." 

"Oh, so you're like a mystery?" Xavier said smirking, "That's hot." 

Klaus grabbed Xavier by the neck and sped him to the nearest wall, "If you don't shut your mouth and get to work, I will kill everyone you've ever met." Xavier nodded as if to agree, but Klaus didn't release him. 

"Klaus, let him go." Kayleigh demanded, walking over to him and grabbing his hand to pull him away. He didn't shake Kayleigh away, he listened and dropped Xavier on the floor, who quickly got up and led the two over to a table, signaling for Kayleigh to lay down. 

She did as told, and looked up at Klaus while Xavier chanted in latin with his hands placed on either side of her head. After a few minutes Kayleigh began to grow nervous. Suddenly, she began to feel power curse through her veins, and Xavier yelled out in pain. The ground started shaking unit finally Xavier was able to pull himself away. 

"Holy shit." Xavier mumbled. 

"What is it? What am I?" Kayleigh asked, sitting up and making sure the witch in front of her was okay. 

"You're a witch." 

Kayleigh's mouth dropped open, it wasn't possible. "What did you just say?"

"Not just any kind of witch, you don't have magic of your own, per say, but you are able to tale magic from others. You're a siphoner." Xavier started, "There's more. You come from a special bloodline, many of the most powerful witches are descended from that line, and since there is no cap to your magic, you just may be the most powerful." 

"Well what is this bloodline?" Klaus demanded. 

"This isn't possible, I've touched magical creatures before and this red, glowy shit hasn't happened." Kayleigh adds. "Witches can't be compelled. I've been compelled before."