thirteen

"Jake?" 

"Did you miss me?" The platinum blonde vampire said. 

"Kayleigh, who is this imbecile?" Klaus asked, pushing Kayleigh behind him. 

Kayleigh tried to say something, but Jake cut her off, "Oh, I take it you two haven't had the ex's conversation yet, that's awkward." Jake smirked, "Let me fill you in, Kayleigh and I dated for awhile, it was serious. I only had to compel her to do a few things." 

Klaus growled at the boy in front of him, he attempted to spring forward and attack Jake, but Kayleigh caught his arm. "Klaus, no."

"Ah, you've always been quite the smart cookie, sexy." Before Klaus could rip the man apart, he had pulled a knife out his jacket pocket and slammed it into Klaus's chest. Klaus fell down in pain, he was unable to move. "I hope you haven't forgotten, Kayleigh, I always loved my special little tricks." 

Kayleigh bent down to Klaus's side. He wasn't desiccating, which meant he was alive, but he was motionless, and his eyes had rolled to the back of his head. Looking up at Jake, Kayleigh said, "What did you do to him?" 

"Relax, doll. I just crafted a blade that would bury itself deep into your friend here, and cause him severe pain and rendered him paralysed until the blade is removed." He responded sarcastically. 

"What do you want from me? I didn't do anything to you." 

Jake took a few steps towards Kayleigh, who stepped backwards, trying to get away from him. "You left me, Kayleigh." The females back hit a wall, and Jake stepped closer, placing a hand on her cheek and moving his thumb back and forth. His touch was drastically different from Klaus's. Klaus's touch made her feel sparks, butterflies, it made her feel alive. But Jake, his touch felt cold, his hands were rough against her skin. "I don't want anything from you, yet. How rude would it have been for me to miss out on all the birthday fun?" 

"You compelled me, Jake. You used me. I don't want anything to do with you." 

"Oh, but I have so much I want to do with you." Jake said lowly. His hand had moved to her chin, forcing her to look up at him.

"Take the blade out of Klaus." 

"Not yet, Kayleigh." 

"Then when?"

"Not until I get what I want." He smirked.

"What do you want?" 

"All will be answered in time, but rest assured I will get it," Jake growled, "Or this town will rain blood." 

Jake placed a disgusting, slobbery kiss on Kayleigh's cheek and rushed out of the Salvatore house, leaving her standing against the wall, staring at an unconscious Klaus. 

After what felt like hours of staring at Nik's body, and attempting to remove the blade from Klaus herself, the Salvatore boys and Elena walked into the room. The house had cleared of people, and everyone was sobered up. 

"Leigh, what happened?" Elena said rushing over to her best friend who was now sitting against the wall, tears down her face. 

"Here, Leigh. Some guy asked me to give you this present, he said it was urgent." Stefan handed Kayleigh a brown box, hoping a gift would make her feel better, though she made no effort to grab the present. 

"Talk to us, little K." Damon said. 

Kayleigh looked at the raven haired vampire, "He's back." 

"Who?" Elena asked. 

"Jake?" Damon answered for her. Kayleigh nodded once. 

"He did that." She pointed to Klaus who Stefan had now covered with a blanket.