eleven

The open curtains allowed the sun to brightly shine into the hotel room. Kayleigh woke first, the sun shining directly into her eyes. After covering them, she looked up to see a rather handsome looking murderer beneath her. Klaus, for once, looked peaceful. He wasn't planning world domination, or figuring out ways to make everyone he didn't like suffer, he was sleeping, and it seemed rather normal. 

Kayleigh slipped into the shower washing off the dried tears that remained on her face. She washed her hair using a shampoo she brought. Just because she likes to take the travel sized bottles the hotels gives you doesn't mean she likes to use them. Retreating from the shower she slips into the clothes she brought to change into. After lightly towel drying her hair, she walks out of the bathroom to see Klaus wide awake, sitting on the bed drawing something. 

"Goodmorning," Kayleigh said, making the hybrid snap his notebook shut and move to put it in his bag. 

"You showered?" Klaus questioned and Kayleigh nodded, "I suppose you forgot to invite me?" 

"Forgot to invite, not wanting to get killed in the shower, I mix the two up sometimes." 

Klaus walked over to where Kayleigh stood leaning on the doorway to the bathroom. "What a shame," When he was mere inches from her, he lowered his lips to her ear, and his hand came up to caress her check, "The water would've cleaned up all the blood."

He then walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind him, leaving Kayleigh standing there slightly paled. She totally shouldn't have found that attractive, but she totally did. 

"Where are we going now?" Kayleigh asked, once again in the passenger's seat of Klaus' car. 

"Where do you want to go?"

"Kansas." 

"Kansas?" Klaus repeated, slightly confused as to why she would want to be near her parents after her breakdown last night. 

"I feel like I need to see the, so I can know the truth. And I can't accept the truth until I hear it from them. So yes, Kansas." Kayleigh said before she could change her mind. 

After a moment of silence Klaus spoke up, "Did you know I've been to Kansas?"

"You're like a zillion years old, of course you've been everywhere." 

"Not everywhere." 

Kayleigh looked at the hybrid, disbelief evident in her eyes, "Where haven't you been?"

"I've never been to a few places, I reckon Paris is quite nice. 

"I've always wanted to go there." Kayleigh smiled. 

"Have you traveled much?" 

"Close to none, the furthest I've gone is Florida."

"I'll take you anywhere you please." Klaus said, surprising them both. Klaus because he actually meant what he said, anywhere Kayleigh wanted to go, he would take her. Kayleigh because all she has heard about Klaus was the awful person her friends made him out to be, but here he was making Kayleigh smile. 

"You are too much, Mr. Mikaelson." 

After a few hours of driving the hybrid and his human found themselves in front of Kayleigh's home in Kansas. 

"Are you sure about this?" Klaus asked. 

"Not at all, but that isn't going to stop me. Let's go." Kayleigh said getting out of the car.