Chapter 14: Prom?

Ryujin's POV

"Hmmm, sweetie maybe you should wear something a little less ... dark," Mommy suggested.

Bright and early this morning Mommy called me from my lovely new phone and insisted that we go shopping for a prom dress. So, she picked me up from "Jessica's" house and drove me to the mall.

For about two hours we had been trying to decide on an outfit, but we couldn't find the perfect one. The one I had on right now was completely plain and black.

"This is how I feel about my date," I sighed as I stared in the mirror at myself and tried not to puke.

I had a pretty nice body. It wasn't big and it wasn't small. My chest was the perfect size for me, and my curves were beautiful.

The only problem I had with clothes was finding clothes that fit my personality. Dresses in general didn't fit my personality so how in hell was I going to pick out a prom dress?

"Who is this boy anyway? Have I met him before?" Mommy questioned as she looked at me very closely.

Mommy trusted me completely, but when it came to parties she was always a bit leery.

"Just some guys my friend is friends with. I told you he's a dick and the only reason why I'm going with him is because I have no one else to go with and all my friends are going. And I know you don't want me to miss prom," I complained and went back in the dressing room to change.

"Sweetie if he's such a dick then go alone. Plenty of people go to prom alone. You know your cousin Joanne right? She went to prom alone remember?" Mommy reminded me and tried not to burst into laughter.

"Joanne is disgusting; the only reason why she went to prom alone is so she could hook up with other girls' dates. Doesn't she have like three STD's?" I requested and looked at Mommy closely.

"That may be true, but she went to prom alone! She was bold!" Mommy exclaimed and began to burst into laughter with me.

"Mommy don't you remember prom when you were my age? "I questioned.

"Of course, I do dear. Your mom took me. No one questioned us because everyone thought your Mom was a boy," Mommy answered sweetly.

"See! You didn't have a date that wasn't a complete dick!" I whined and came out of the dressing room in my black tank and jeans.

"But baby in my day you couldn't go to prom unless you had a date. I'm 38 remember? A lot has changed since I was your age," Mommy reminded me and hugged me tight.

"I just don't want to go," I sighed and suddenly my phone began to buzz in my pocket.

I had been using my phone nonstop since I got it and texting Yeji had become second nature to me.

---

Yeji 🤑

I miss you 🖤

--

I felt my cheeks blush.

I knew that Yeji and I weren't dating, but still the thought of her actually missing me made me want to squeal.

---

Yeji 🤑

I miss you 🖤

I miss you too 💙

---

Tomorrow was the beginning of a new school week and I knew for sure I wouldn't see Yeji as often.