Chapter 29: Life Is Full of Surprises

A/n: I am in my class, when suddenly my instagram notification from Itzy popped up, and RYEJI PICTURE WAS POSTED AND I DECIDED TO PUBLISH THIS CHAPTER AND HEY GUYS ONE MORE CHAPTER TO GO!

---

Yeji's POV

"Wow Yeji. This place is so, fancy," Ryujin spoke with uncertainty.

I could tell that she was excited, but also extremely nervous. It was 5 minutes until midnight and for the last hour I was just focused on making sure that Ryujin wasn't too uncomfortable with how extravagant and proper Club Frost was before midnight.

I watched as she finished chewing her last piece of steak and sipped the last bit of wine that the waiter had unknowingly agreed to give her. I glanced at my phone and there was only one minute before midnight.

"Attention guests. We will need you all to make your way to the main lobby immediately," One of the waiters ordered.

It was easy to point out whose dates had never been to Club Frost before. They were either very confused, or irritated.

"What's going on?" Ryujin asked with slight panic in her voice as I took her by the hand and led her into the lobby with the rest of the guests.

"Just standard procedure sweetheart," I assured her when I felt my phone vibrated in my white pants suit.

I had made about 50 calls to make this night happen and at this point it could have been anyone telling me that they would have to cancel or that I would have to make different arrangements.

"I have to take this baby," I excused myself and went to the corner of the lobby to answer my phone,

"Yes?" I answered the phone with slight agitation.

After you've been on the phone all day with so many people you don't feel like the usual polite greetings.

"Well, aren't we a bit demanding this evening? Anyway, this is Jisu. I just wanted to tell you that I went behind a few of your plans and changed a few things. Think of it as a game! Everything that you had set up, I twisted a bit! Oh, it's just splendid dear I promise. So, don't expect anything to go in the order you had planned tonight. Oh, and Chaeryeong and I will be house sitting while you and Ryujin play. Don't worry, no red wine has stained your furniture yet and if it does I'll be sure to replace it. Hope you have a lovely night evening darling. Just go with the flow and please don't call me a million times because I 'm turning my phone off," Before I could ask any questions the line went dead.

I could have burst into flames out of fury that very second, but I had to remain calm. I had no idea what the hell was in store for either of us tonight. I walked back over to Ryujin and tried to form an honest smile.

"Everything okay baby?" Ryujin asked me sweetly then kissed my cheek.

"Yes dear, everything is. Peachy,." I bit my lip.

She knew I was lying now. I never said peachy.

"You may now return to the dining hall guests," Another announcement was made, and everyone returned to the room.

When we entered, it hardly looked like the room that we had been dining in all night. The tables had been formed into a long stage, the lights had dimmed, and spotlights moved through the room aimlessly as music blasted and exotic dancers twirled upon individuals tables and the DJ worked magic on the main stage.

The bar had stopped serving expensive wines and was replaced with top shelf hardcore liquors. The best part was the fake snow that swirled around the room and decorated everyone.