BTL 20

Zaya POV

I know Blu is probably losing his shit right now, but I need to get my friend with her silly ass. For it to be three years I still got it, of course, I shot them to wound them. As I got close to Iris she jumped at me pulling me down trying to protect me but had no idea what to do other than holler. 

“Iris stops screaming,” I yelled over the loud bullets then her eyes got real big with fear. I slowly turn around to come face to face with a Ruger Super Redhawk. I just knew it was my time to go, I just closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

POP!!!

“I jumped then opened my eyes to see the man had a hole in his right eye. Blu grabbed me and Iris well… he dragged her to the door where Ace was.

“Here's your night and shining armor next time I tell you to bring yo ass and you don’t then whatever happens to you happens to you. As for you, I will deal with you privately. Who the hell… You damn right we're gonna have this conversation. I thought sitting in the middle of Blu and Iris looking aimlessly. 

“Za-”

“Iris please” I threw up my right hand to stop her from talkin, the car ride was quiet between me and her. However, Blu and Ace carried on their conversation like nothing ever happened. We stopped at Velvet Taco for dinner. Ace paid for Iris and Blu paid for me, we said thanks without another word me and her began to eat. As I was eating I got a text from him, I didn’t bother to read it because I knew I would have torn him a new one. A car behind us was blinking their headlights at Ace then tapped Iris and they both exited the car to get in the one behind us. 

“What you did was reckless, I told you to stay next to me-”

“She was in danger. Did you really think I was gonna leave her like that. She doesn't know what to do in situations like this. Lastly, y’all make it very evident that y’all don’t like each other so why should I trust you with her and vice versa?” He couldn't say anything. Let me guess you about to look out the window because you know I’m right. 

“She’s Ray's sister and your friend I wasn’t gonna let anything happ- what kind of person you take me for just- I’m not doing this with you… I. am. Not.” He says trying to contain his anger by dryly laughing basically saying he was over it which he can be but he's gonna listen he ain’t got no choice. 

“She’s never been in this type of environment… hell this isn’t even my environment. But. Here. I. Am.” He began to smile and laugh as if I told a joke. “Oh, you think this funny?”

“Yep! Real funny, last I checked I only wanted you. Back then and even now she can come and go as she, please. She made it her business to stay, in other words, she made a choice. Period. Point. Blank, end of discussion. Far as you are concerned this is your life now get over it. Now finish your food it is getting cold. 

Michael POV

I hate talking to her like that but it needs to be said she had and still has a choice, Zaya does too sadly but I’m not telling her because I know she would leave me in a heartbeat… besides I’m not ready to self-destruct yet I feel my eyes begin to well up, it’s been a long time since I felt this way about a woman, I want to tell her but I’m scared. Those three years were hell for me not seeing, hearing, and holding her. Having other women around didn’t make me happy if anything it made me miserable to the point where I dang near when without sex for the last six months. Nothing turned me on with these women that were around during those last six months before finding Zaya. I searched high and low for this woman, I needed and wanted her. She is my backbone and I know I’m hers. I just wish she would stop with this shit and just come to me. I looked down to see that she was holding my hand so I took this opportunity to pull her close to me, I kissed her on the top of her forehead and she kissed me back. What are we doing? Is this her way to say she mine, fuck why couldn’t I just tell her? “I know she means a lot to you and Ray so I wouldn’t let anything happen to her because I will never hear the end of it.” She laughs pulling me closer to her wait… why is she laughing. “Are you okay?”