BTL 25

Zaya POV

Did I really just shoot and kill a woman in behind him? God I wish I could take it all back this is not who I am. I'm not a murderer, Oh, God I'm so sorry please forgive me I don't know what's gotten into me. Am I really that in love with him, I just took a life- I jumped out of my thoughts just at the touch of his hand.  

"Hey, are you okay?" I shook my head and began to ball my eyes out, I backed away from him wanting to get away. "Baby it o-" 

"No it's not I just killed her, I murdered that woman... I'm not a murderer."

"Okay."He said nonchalantly with a shrug. "So what were you gonna do if she wanted to do what she had to do to get me?"

"Here we go with this nonsense, everything is not about you." He started scratching his head making a face. 

"Obviously you're not getting me she was gonna either have you killed, put in jail, or perhaps blackmail you. Hell I don't know the woman was insane. Now to that bullshit ass statement you just made, how am I making this situation about myself please tell me?  Oh, I know you would have felt better after I kicked you out of the house after me and Rhea got done fucking in front your face?" What? "What are you looking shocked for? That's why she was here tonight demanding I let her into my life, she got what she was looking for as far as I'm concerned."

"Michael, where are you going?"

"Away from you, goodnight honey." 

"Michael... SLAM!!!"

" Michael... Michael stop it-"

"No you stop it I know who and what I came from, I don't need a constant reminder. If you are embarrassed of me get your shit and get the fuck out my life. I'm trying to change and it's not good enough."

"I never said that."

"You say it every day... Zaya."

"You... how?" 

"Get. Out."

"I'm not going anywhere, baby please talk to me"

"Get. Out."

"Mi-"

"Fine keep the house."

"Michael, please baby don't." He takes me by the hand and leads us to the bedroom without saying a word. He helped me into the bed first then got in himself. He was about to turn his back to me but I crawled on top of him and laid on his chest. I never in a million years wanted to make him feel this away and this the last time as well. I thought while hearing him sniffing, I looked up to see him clenching his jaw as tears ran down his face. "Baby no don't cry I'm sorry." He won't even look at me. I hope I didn't just lose him.

The Next Morning  

I rolled over to feel Michael but he was not next to me, I calmly got up trying not to panic. I first looked in the bathroom then the closet. Okay he is not there, let's check downstairs... yeah he's gotta be down there. I thought, run down to the kitchen, then the living room, the game room, just about all the spare rooms, no sight of him. I just lost the love of my life. No,no,no baby. I thought as I cried looking for him.

Liberian girl More precious than any pearl Your love so complete Liberian girl

You kiss me then, ooh, the world You do this to me.

I followed what sounded like his voice and sure enough it was my baby. I knew he could carry a tune but this was something different. I walked into the home studio that I didn't even know we had. He stopped and looked at me for a moment then went back to work.