BTL 1

Zaya POV

Sometimes I feel like a motherless child

A long way from home, a long way from home

Sometimes I feel like I'm almost done

And a long, long way from home, a long way from home

True believer

True believer

A long, long way from home

I remember my mother used to sing this song every now and again before she was tragically killed to reason unknown till this day. This song brings me comfort and takes me back down memory lane. One of my fond memories of her was when she would let me help her make banana pudding while wearing her famous red lipstick. Every time I think about it, I laugh, having no idea why I had to wear that lipstick while I cooked with my mom.

"I hope you're done singing cuz we got shit to do you know- like catching bad guys. Oh, Captain Monroe wants to see you." Nevaeh said, taking out her third cigarette for the day.

"You need to stop smoking them, cancer sticks, and let life be your nicotine,"  I said merrily while dusting myself and drinking what's left of my orange juice.

"Not everyone is all rainbows and butterflies." I hear her yell as I make my way to Captain Monroe's office.

"Captain, you wanted to see me?" I said hesitantly, knowing he's the definition of whiplash don't get me wrong. He's a good man but his personality needs a bit of work, his part of the reason why I'm a bounty hunter and the other reason well... I like the thrill of it all. I love action and danger. I always have it in my blood.

"I did have a seat, Ms. Reese." He gestured to me to have a seat. He has a dour expression on his face while clasping his hands, which could only mean one thing trouble. "I have a job for you I need you to go undercover to bring down this man right here:

 "I have a job for you I need you to go undercover to bring down this man right here:

"His name is Michael Joseph Jackson, better known as Blu. He's the leader of Black J. Nine mafia, don't be fooled by his looks and charm, he's a menace to the community. Together we can get this terrorist off my streets."

"By the mug shot it looks like you had him, what happened?" I asked with my eyes engrossed on this Blu soft characteristics. Before Captain Monroe snatched the paper out of my hands. I guess he could tell I was getting carried away with my thoughts.