BTL5

Zaya POV

"Ratatatatatatatata..." We heard machine guns being fired. At that moment, I started my car and slammed my foot on the gas. Leaving the partygoers and Ray to their own devices. As I was slowing down; Iris was huddled in the passenger seat. Screaming for us to turn around to get her brother.

"Zaya turn this bitch around we need to get Ray! He could be hurt." She said, trying to grab the wheel.

"Iris! I have no qualms knocking yo ass out your brother is fine." I scowled at her as were eyes blazed with hatred and welled up. Just then her phone rang, and it was Ray she put it on speaker.

"Where y'all at?"

"We're safe, where are you?"

"We safe"

"Who the fuck is we get yo ass to the house... I'm scared! And Zaya dumb ass won't turn around to get you." Iris said shouted

"Zaya, don't listen to my scary ass sis I'm at my boyz house we safe."

"I'm not... look just get home so your sister can see you're uninjured"

"Please!!!"

"Ight I'm on the way, "

Ray muttered something before hanging up the phone and I did a quick glance at Iris as she looked at me angrily, I sigh as the rest of the car ride was voiceless.

***

I arrived home exhausted but knew the Captain was going to call any minute now so I changed and grabbed my equipment in advance and right before I opened my car door my phone rang.

"Capt-"

"Get yo ass down here now we got his ass." Monroe cuts me off with a stern yet excited tone.

I look at the phone, then put it back to my ear in disbelief. How did they catch him, did he make it easy did he put up a fight? I had so many questions reeling through my mind, but I'm happy, nevertheless. "Zaya, did you hear me and we have two murders? Get-" Monroe damn near yelled in my ear, yanking me out of my thoughts.

"I'm on my way."

Before I could get my foot out of the door, I got another phone call, but this time it was unfamiliar and my curiosity got the better of me as usual.

"Stay home," Blu said on the other line.

"How did you get my personal number?"

"A friend of yours is a family member of mine."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"No one is dead... go back in the house now."

"Too late, I'm halfway to the station," I said defiantly.

"Suit yourself. Hardhead makes a soft ass."

"It's not wise to hurl threats when you're locked up wait... How did you get a phone in your cell? He chortled and hung the phone.

***

"It's about time you got your ass down here, Roy is about to lose it!" Nevaeh said walking alongside me.

"I don't know why he needs me y'all are the cops, y'all have him so why am I here?"

"I'll gladly answer that for you, Ms. Reese, I have put in a good word for you. Welcome to the constabulary." I looked at him muddely as he put a badge in my hand and pushed me into the interrogation room where I saw fuming a Roy and an amused Blu.