Chapter 22

AYANNA'S POV:

I stare at the screen in shock as i see what 'Quarterback' wrote. All this time... It's been...Jake? What in the world. That can't be right. This guy is lying. Why in the world would Jake talk to me in secret. It just doesn't make an freaking sense what so ever.

I sit back on my bed and blow out a deep breath. Holy crap. This has been an interesting day.

I pick up my phone and text Jake.

'we need to talk...tomorrow,' i type and the reply is instant.

'....ok....'

If this was just some joke to him, i swear i will kill him. I told him stuff that i thought would be a secret because i thought it was either someone i didn't know, or someone i loved, like Bryson.

I finally fall asleep, late that night, but am jolted awake when i hear pounding on the front door. I slowly go down stairs and open the door to see Jake standing there, looking grim.

He takes one look at me and immediatly starts blushing and looking away. I look down and see that i am only in an oversized shirt that goes down a little ways past my butt. Frick...

Normally i doubt he would be embarrassed if he saw some girl like this, because that's just the way he is, but this is different. I am his best friend's girlfriend, and his teammate. This is way awkward for both of us.

"Um, come in and sit on the couch, i'll just go change into some regular clothes," I mutter and practically sprint up the stairs.

I change into a pair of jeans and a shirt and notice that it's 10:30 A.M. So my parents are already at work. Good. They don't need to hear this conversation.

I walk back down the stairs and see Jake sitting awkwardly on the couch with a determined look on his face. He glances in my direction and when he sees me, he immediatly stands up and starts pacing.

"You might as well have a seat," he says and i roll my eyes.

"Gee thanks for allowing me to sit down in my own house," I reply and he smirks.

"Anytime,"

"So..." I say and stare at him. He catches my eye and quickly looks away.

"Don't judge to harshly, ok? We....We just....Didn't know who you were," he says and i stare at him in confusion.

"We?" I ask and he sighs.

"I guess i just better start with it then....So, it all began when you first came here. I mean, i didn't really notice you and neither did Bryson or anybody else for that matter until you tried out for the football team. At first i thought it was some joke because there is no way a girl like you, no offense, would ever trully want to go out for the team and actually expect to make it.

"Well, you did make it, obviously, and that's when Bryson and I started to worry. Bryson....I......Well, we saw how good you actually were and we both got kind of nervous. And at the time Bryson was dating Sharon and you embarrassed her, so naturally Bryson...uh...we.... thought it was time for some payback.

"I know how that sounds. REally petty. I know.. But Bryson also knew that you wanted the quarterback spot and he refused to be beat by some girl. He has had that spot since he was a freshman and he wasn't going to let you take his spot. So, Bryson...uh, we.... decided to do something that would make you want to quit the team.

"So.... Bryson and I decided to, um, get you to really trust someone to tell that person all of your secrets and have that person tell us what they were, so, uh, we could expose them to the entire school. What we needed to really succede with our plan was to find ther perfect person for you to trust.